Jose for City? (merged)

Re: Jose for City?

i heard that mancini was gone by summer since he has fallen out with cook and marwood (reliable source) but i really hope its not true!

mancini is the man for us!

with mancini we will win trophies!

samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I agree to a certain extent, things go on all the time.

But as the dismissal of Hughes showed, sometimes clubs are forced to react to immediate situations.
Maybe Hughes would have been given more time if he'd been brought in by the owners...who knows, but an important factor to add to the equasion.

Hmmm.. we have a paradox here. Maybe they would have, but reality is they wouldn't have gone near to him with a barge pole.... if they had any sense... which they have.

scorer said:
samharris said:
Maybe Hughes would have been given more time if he'd been brought in by the owners...who knows, but an important factor to add to the equasion.

Hmmm.. we have a paradox here. Maybe they would have, but reality is they wouldn't have gone near to him with a barge pole.... if they had any sense... which they have.
My thinking too.

samharris said:
scorer said:
My thinking too.

You earn more time. Hughes earned himself the sack, and deservedly so.

The owners gave him 18 months. Certainly more than new owners extended to both Allardyce at Newcastle and Hodgson at Liverpool.

And the small matter of £200m.

Our owners clearly place high stock in integrity, but they don't put that above making the hard decisions on a £1 billion plus investment.

samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
But as the dismissal of Hughes showed, sometimes clubs are forced to react to immediate situations.
It is a very important factor and probably the whole crux of where we are now.

Hughes wasn't the owners man as you say and they planned to replace him in the summer with a higher-profile manager, who had a good track record across leagues (particularly the Premiership) and in Europe. He found out, had a hissy fit and was sacked, either as the result of a "back me or sack me" ultimatum and/or because the club didn't want a "lame duck" manager for the latter half of the season.

So Mourinho was lined up for the summer (and that's the truth) with Mancini in to keep things moving. However, it was understood by all parties that if RM achieved spectacular success then he could be offered the job. The club were still talking to JM in April but it was clear his first-choice was the Madrid job. The fact that they were still trying to get a commitment from JM as late as that, suggests that they weren't that committed to RM.

His half-season didn't deliver anything spectacular and we aren't doing that much better this season so far (FA Cup aside so far but our first tough game is still to come) no one should be surprised if the owners are nervous and, despite their previous experience with him, would talk to a manager proven in 3 domestic leagues (including ours) and in Europe.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancio said:
some posts are really naive , to say the least...

how can anyone believe that the top managers may be moved at the end of a season , is well over my understanding.

both clubs and managers are used to do a thing that is called programming.

at this stage in season top clubs and top managers already knows where they'll work the next season.

I agree to a certain extent, things go on all the time.

i think the Hughes' dismissal only showed a thing : owner had found an alternative : mancini.

i'm sure you can agree with me that at this stage of the season both mourinho and mancini already knows (and have got agreements) where they'll work next season

Mancio said:
i think the Hughes' dismissal only showed a thing : owner had found an alternative : mancini.

i'm sure you can agree with me that at this stage of the season both mourinho and mancini already knows (and have got agreements) where they'll work next season
Re your first comment - see above. That's pretty well how it was, whatever you want to believe.

Re your second - I think you're right. Hence why Mancini has the look of a man who doesn't want to be here anymore.

Prestwich_Blue said:
samharris said:

Hughes wasn't the owners man as you say and they planned to replace him in the summer with a higher-profile manager, who had a good track record across leagues (particularly the Premiership) and in Europe. He found out, had a hissy fit and was sacked, either as the result of a "back me or sack me" ultimatum and/or because the club didn't want a "lame duck" manager for the latter half of the season.

So Mourinho was lined up for the summer (and that's the truth) with Mancini in to keep things moving. However, it was understood by all parties that if RM achieved spectacular success then he could be offered the job. The club were still talking to JM in April but it was clear his first-choice was the Madrid job. The fact that they were still trying to get a commitment from JM as late as that, suggests that they weren't that committed to RM.

His half-season didn't deliver anything spectacular and we aren't doing that much better this season so far (FA Cup aside so far but our first tough game is still to come) no one should be surprised if the owners are nervous and, despite their previous experience with him, would talk to a manager proven in 3 domestic leagues (including ours) and in Europe.

your source are shit mate. everyone in the football world known mourinho signed with real madrid in february.

Prestwich_Blue said:
samharris said:

Time will tell on that one..I do like Mancini and i do hope he does the business for us but all decisions are down to the owners and what they decide goes, I will be happy to go with the owners on this..After all what choice do we have really, and if they balls up either way then thats down to them..If they get it right,it's down to them.. Still be a City fan.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancio said:

Re your first comment - see above. That's pretty well how it was, whatever you want to believe.

Re your second - I think you're right. Hence why Mancini has the look of a man who doesn't want to be here anymore.

mate , its not "whatever I want to believe". its most "whatever YOU want to believe". believe me.

mourinho was very near City just in a week. the last october 2009 week. not ever more.

RE your second - you really seem to "read" in mancini body talk what you like/hope , but , another time believe me , you are fully wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.