Jose for City? (merged)

Re: Jose for City?

Ragnarok said:
A
de niro said:
If I thought that the football we now play would be like that for the next 20 years I'd give up my season ticket right now.

Although i am not qualified to ask you this , i will. Do you have a season ticket in order to watch and support City or do you have a season ticket to watch and support exciting football?

i don't know about anyone else but my understanding of going to a football game is to be entertained, my job is to support the club both financially and vocal.
does anyone think the stands would be as empty as they are if we were firing on all cylinders and scoring as freely as this squad should be doing?

btw, good question.

This "get Mourinho in at any cost because he will win us everything" attitude is showing a lack of class in my opinion. Bobby is hardly doing a bad job now is he?! Sadly, I think it's a sign of how City fans have become, looking for instant success. The way some react after defeat is embarrassing, we used to show humility. Fair enough, we were shit and we had to, but I hoped we could keep that.

I like what Mancini is doing, I think he's laying a solid foundation down, give it a bit of time and I reckon we won't lose many games, but I won't come to expect that we have the right to win every game. It doesn't work like that, eeez football!

The Arsenal away game for instance wasn't great for us to watch, but he recognised they were the better team at the time, and showed we have a different dimension to our game as required. Now compare that to the Arse who play beautiful football each game, it's a joy to watch......and where has that got them?

F*ck Jose.

whitt said:
This "get Mourinho in at any cost because he will win us everything" attitude is showing a lack of class in my opinion. Bobby is hardly doing a bad job now is he?! Sadly, I think it's a sign of how City fans have become, looking for instant success. The way some react after defeat is embarrassing, we used to show humility. Fair enough, we were shit and we had to, but I hoped we could keep that.

I like what Mancini is doing, I think he's laying a solid foundation down, give it a bit of time and I reckon we won't lose many games, but I won't come to expect that we have the right to win every game. It doesn't work like that, eeez football!

The Arsenal away game for instance wasn't great for us to watch, but he recognised they were the better team at the time, and showed we have a different dimension to our game as required. Now compare that to the Arse who play beautiful football each game, it's a joy to watch......and where has that got them?

F*ck Jose.
I wouldn't define 35 years as ''instant'', would you? We need a trophy, and soon. Now Mancini has had success on that front but only in Italy, where the game is played very differently (witness our pedestrian style of play). Whereas, like it or not, Mourinho has won trophies in any league he has managed in, including (importantly) the Premier League. Though he might have his work cut out this season overhauling Barca. Therefore, he knows what it takes to succeed in the English game. Now if Mancini manages to get us a top 4 finish (and possibly a cup as a bonus), I would keep him. However, if our season fals apart Arsenal style and we finish outside the CL spots I don't think ADUG would find that acceptable. Then, in that scenario, if Mourinho was available, we would be mad not to try to get him here.

Mancini - ohhh said:
redmizzle said:

Tolmie what was that suppose to mean?

Only just seen this thread pop back up the queue.

It was simply a nod to how opinions can change on here on a match-by-match basis (mine included, sometimes).

Don't let it get in the way of those posters who think some fans would rather see us crash and burn this season, to secure Mourinho.

The owners are taking a long-term view. That view might not neccesarily be with everyones.

jimharri said:
whitt said:

F*ck Jose.
I wouldn't define 35 years as ''instant'', would you? We need a trophy, and soon. Now Mancini has had success on that front but only in Italy, where the game is played very differently (witness our pedestrian style of play). Whereas, like it or not, Mourinho has won trophies in any league he has managed in, including (importantly) the Premier League. Though he might have his work cut out this season overhauling Barca. Therefore, he knows what it takes to succeed in the English game. Now if Mancini manages to get us a top 4 finish (and possibly a cup as a bonus), I would keep him. However, if our season fals apart Arsenal style and we finish outside the CL spots I don't think ADUG would find that acceptable. Then, in that scenario, if Mourinho was available, we would be mad not to try to get him here.

New era City then. We've hardly been in a position to challenge for success in the past 35 years have we? Sure, we're all desperate for something and yeah, we need at least a top 4 finish or it all goes to shit, but we don't have to behave like spoilt brats.

Our pedestrian style of play can be frustrating, I agree, but there's no reason to suggest it wont deliver. Spurs play positive attacking football, but I'll bet you their progress wont be as sustained as ours because they'll get found out.

Come the end of the season if we're not where our owners want us to be, then maybe consider other options, but in the meantime I'd rather focus on what we've got.

whitt said:
New era City then. We've hardly been in a position to challenge for success in the past 35 years have we? Sure, we're all desperate for something and yeah, we need at least a top 4 finish or it all goes to shit, but we don't have to behave like spoilt brats.

Our pedestrian style of play can be frustrating, I agree, but there's no reason to suggest it wont deliver. Spurs play positive attacking football, but I'll bet you their progress wont be as sustained as ours because they'll get found out.

Come the end of the season if we're not where our owners want us to be, then maybe consider other options, but in the meantime I'd rather focus on what we've got.
Define ''new era City'' then? I've been following City since the early seventies. Born and brought up in Moss Side and was a season ticket holder for nearly 10 years before we moved over here in the early eighties. You might want to be a bit more careful with your sweeping generalisations.

if mancini cocks up this year i.e no trophy and fails to get top 4 then hes gone and there only one man for the job and thats mourinho.

he may be a gobby git etc..... but he can guarentee you one thing. he will put tin pots on the shleves

Wasn't having a dig at you at all, or any other blue . I meant the new era team that has the opportunity for success. You might want to be a bit more careful with your sweeping generalisations of sweeping generalisations ;)

de niro said:
Ragnarok said:
A

Although i am not qualified to ask you this , i will. Do you have a season ticket in order to watch and support City or do you have a season ticket to watch and support exciting football?

i don't know about anyone else but my understanding of going to a football game is to be entertained, my job is to support the club both financially and vocal.
does anyone think the stands would be as empty as they are if we were firing on all cylinders and scoring as freely as this squad should be doing?

btw, good question.

Of course entertainment is part of the equation , but if i were a match going fan , it would be to watch and support the team irregardless of whether they had 0 shots on goal or 30 shots on goal.But i guess it depends upon the person.But my personal opinion is that the majority of the fans should try and adopt the type of mentality that i speak of.

Ragnarok said:
de niro said:

btw, good question.

Of course entertainment is part of the equation , but if i were a match going fan , it would be to watch and support the team irregardless of whether they had 0 shots on goal or 30 shots on goal.But i guess it depends upon the person.But my personal opinion is that the majority of the fans should try and adopt the type of mentality that i speak of.

Can't agree, football was invented so the working man could fil;l his life with something more than the factory et al.

I would also argue that City lost many fans under Stuart Pearce, precisely because the football was so dire.

And the reason Kevin Keegan was lauded, is because we played the game the right way.

Do you think Brazil fans would accept such a leap away from their usual way of playing.

City have my loyalty and love, they do not have a gun to my head. It's a two-way street.

As for those who say Jose GUARANTEES trophies - he doesn't.

His methods have been shown to prove (most pertinently, in England) he gives a team a GREATER chance of attaining success.

Perservering with Roberto simply requires a leap of faith he will get it right in England, eventually.

And that's where the dilemma presents itself for fans and our owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.