Jose Mourinho at the Etihad

Re: Jose Mourinho at Etihaad tonight

Skashion said:
The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Ha ha ha ha ha so sorry mate, I was only having a little joke with you - I dont make quick/simple assessments of people like that :) yeah there is signs I agree but I trust the gaffer and hence his dissatisfaction with our start :)
No jokes here mate, it's all over. It's hopeless. We may as well resign from the Champions League now and focus on getting into the Europa League next year. ;-)

Hoping things should improve with the introduction of Garcia or Barry's return. Defending from the front is also something we're missing through Kun's absence. One thing in particular I want us to stop doing in Europe this year is sending up Kompany and Lescott for corners. It leaves us exposed to counters, which are a bigger threat in Europe and from which we were severely punished last season. I generally prefer short corners anyway. In my opinion we should be playing more short corners. Most of our players are small and skilful, so it makes sense to me. I don't think it would make us any less likely to score and should mean we concede fewer. If we intend to play both Garcia and Barry though, and push Yaya forward, perhaps that'll be less of an issue.

Can't agree, we have a potent goal threat from corners with the aerial threat of the likes of Lescott and Kompany. I recognise your point, but we scored more goals directly from corners than any side in the league last year, it's a considerable part of our arsenal.

Maybe a little tinkering in Europe, but we shouldn't attempt to fix something that isn't broken.

Anybody read his interview where he says that Man city can't buy history, even though he has been doing it for the last 10 years. I used to be a fan of this guy, but now i can only describe him with one word. ****.

Shame he wasn't shown on the big screen at the weekend.

We could have done 'your coat's from matalan' again.

Re: Jose Mourinho at Etihaad tonight

*singingtheblues* said:
Can't agree, we have a potent goal threat from corners with the aerial threat of the likes of Lescott and Kompany. I recognise your point, but we scored more goals directly from corners than any side in the league last year, it's a considerable part of our arsenal.

Maybe a little tinkering in Europe, but we shouldn't attempt to fix something that isn't broken.
The best side in the league should be scoring the most from corners on average. I bet we'd also score the most from short corners if we played predominantly short corners as well. However, whilst it's a general point for me, it's particularly pertinent in Europe where we got murdered on the counter. You may say don't fix a broken formula in the league, that's one argument. However, it clearly is broken in Europe unless you believe going out in the group stages and not progressing well in the Europa League should be our aim and a genuine representation of how good we are. I don't think it is. Excellent countering sides who are superbly organised defensively do well in Europe and overachieve, see Chelsea and Napoli last season, or Inter Milan when they won it.

The_Mo said:
Anybody read his interview where he says that Man city can't buy history, even though he has been doing it for the last 10 years. I used to be a fan of this guy, but now i can only describe him with one word. ****.

A brilliant rebuttal in the Mirror(!).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/the-manchester-city-column-jose-mourinho-1310996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ho-1310996</a>

Let me put another slant to this thread. Could this visit mean that Mancini is going to be sacked? Just like Mancini visited Hughes's last game.

Ragnarok said:
Let me put another slant to this thread. Could this visit mean that Mancini is going to be sacked? Just like Mancini visited Hughes's last game.

No... it just means Mourinho is scouting us for a game in less than 2 weeks. He wouldn't be taking snide shots at the club if he was about to take over.

LoveCity said:
The_Mo said:

A brilliant rebuttal in the Mirror(!).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/the-manchester-city-column-jose-mourinho-1310996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ho-1310996</a>
Nail on the head

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.