Jose Mourinho.

moomba said:
leewill31 said:
how in the hell do you blame hughes for what has has happened at blackburn since he left.

Quite simply i havent, maybe you and a few others are reading what you wamt to read.

All i've said is that other than hughes oft repeated assertions (lapped up by many) there is no real evidence that he is any more a long term club builder than any other manager.

you can twist it anyway you want moomba but i read your post as intended as did others.

on another note this team is not ready for the boring one as yet maybe after next season yes when the team has been added to and ready to take on the big boys of the top 4 and of europe,i seem to remember chelski being done in the same way.

leewill31 said:
moomba said:
leewill31 said:
how in the hell do you blame hughes for what has has happened at blackburn since he left.

Quite simply i havent, maybe you and a few others are reading what you wamt to read.

All i've said is that other than hughes oft repeated assertions (lapped up by many) there is no real evidence that he is any more a long term club builder than any other manager.

you can twist it anyway you want moomba but i read your post as intended as did others.

on another note this team is not ready for the boring one as yet maybe after next season yes when the team has been added to and ready to take on the big boys of the top 4 and of europe,i seem to remember chelski being done in the same way.

Fair enough that. I've done my best to sound all footbally for the month, but the bottom-line is, it's all guesswork and fine-sounding words with me. Hughes is growing on me anyway, and heaven knows I want him to turn out to be the dogs bollocks! I can't wait to see who he plans to bring in this summer though, that's the truth.

leewill31 said:
moomba said:
leewill31 said:

You seem to have same view as me the special one only joins teams on the verge of winning things he joins they do win and hey presto all bow down to the mighty special one I for one aint falling for that. It's like some of the rubbish he came out with about Inter only winning the Scuddetto be default and it will only count properly when they win it under him. Sort of true but also proves just how big his ego is. We had a lot of boring 1-0 under Sven if Mourinho did ever come expect a lot more I say stick with what we have since the Jan signings have settled in we have looked a good team

leewill31 said:

Just means that you and a few others read it wrong, shit happens.

Checked a while back, in around a third of Chelsea matches under Mourinho, they scored 3 goals or more.

That'll do me as far as "boring" football goes.

moomba said:
leewill31 said:

Just means that you got it wrong, as did others.

Checked a while back, in around a third of Chelsea matches under Mourinho, they scored 3 goals or more.

It never ceases to amaze me how many deluded people there are on here. Chelsea hadn't won anything serious for many years until Mourinho came along. Then they won two Premierships on the trot. Coincidence? Porto were a little footballing back water (compared to the giants in the Champions League), and they won the biggest domestic cup competition on the planet. Coincidence? Inter have strolled the Italian League with all the big boys back in there. Coincidence? Face it. The guys a footballing genius, and Hughes is toast if he's available.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
We had a lot of boring 1-0 under Sven if Mourinho did ever come expect a lot more

Chelsea with Mourinho in charge...

2004/2005 - 2nd highest scorers in the league
2005/2006 - Joint highest scorers in the league
2006/2007 - 2nd highest scorers in the league

Yeah, lot's of 1-0's.

moomba said:
Just means that you and a few others read it wrong, shit happens.

To be fair, I had a read, and it sounds like your blaming Hughes for the mess Blackburn are in this season. If you say you're not then fair enough...

In terms of the shape in which he left the club...its incredibly misleading to say he didn't build something there. The reality is that he had a hit a ceiling in terms of how far he could take that club with the resources available. He had signed decent players, not aging ones, but players at a good age, and had gotten the best out of the players already there. He managed to out perform City in the league while in charge at Blackburn, and I imagine both clubs spent similar amounts of money. Players like Bentley, Samba, Santa Cruz, Warnock, and Pederson looked like fantastic players under Hughes - but most of them have gone on to look anonymous since he's left...

Now granted, none of that amounts to building the foundations for a long term successful club, but without tens of millions, that's impossible at a low level Premiership club. Look at a club like Charlton. Curbishley leaves, and the club goes into free fall. No-one can deny he did a fantastic job there.

Chelsea were utterly boring, efficient, and lacking in much of the flair associated with United, Arsenal, Barca, Real Madrid, et al. Scoring goals does not alone amount to entertainment. The comment that Jose plays a "boring" brand of football is about the style with which his teams play. It is a fact that he values discipline over flair...

BillyShears said:
moomba said:

Chelsea were utterly boring, efficient, and lacking in much of the flair associated with United, Arsenal, Barca, Real Madrid, et al. Scoring goals does not alone amount to entertainment. The comment that Jose plays a "boring" brand of football is about the style with which his teams play. It is a fact that he values discipline over flair...

I believe Hughes should be given another season before we contemplate bringing in a Mourinho but whoever the manager is I would far rather we win something playing "boring" football (at least for one season) rather than stay in mid table mediocrity playing sexy football.

Actually, you boys that think Mourinho plays boring football have a good point. Thinking back to the Champions League final, those Porto fans were looking bored as sin as their captain lifted the trophy. After the game, many were interviewed saying that they were much happier when they played beautiful football and won bugger all. I remember the day Chelsea won the Premiership beating United 5-0, and their supporters were strangely subdued, obviously longing for the good old days, when they were regarded as the best team in the world, but won nothing. Winning trophies is vastly overated eh boys? Bizarre!

I agree this team is not ready for JM, but what is clear is that it needs time, to mature. If, (and it is a big if) the younger players, including Bojinov, De Jong, Kompany, Zabletta, Johnson, and Richards can continue to progress, and develop as has Stevie Ireland and too a certain extent Nedum Onhua over the next 18 months, then the foundations are certainly there to win or at least challenge for honours with some more acute signings. Historically what we do know is that chopping and changing managers has seriouly damaged the club over the years. Winning the league or at least braking into the top 4 will not happen immediately, and take into account that 3 of this years champions league semi finalists are English, we are competing with arguably Europe's elite on a week to week basis. What is evident though is looking at Utd over the past 10-15 years, is Fergusons, ability to continually replicate the same team year in year out, resulting in a succesful winning formula i.e for Pallister and Bruce change Ferdinand and Vidic. Kanchelskis, Ronaldo, even Mark Hughes and Rooney you could argue were similar in style of play... Keane, Ince you can go on and on. It all appears strangely so simple so with the money we now have at our disposal if Hughes can correctly identify the players akin to Fergusons own formula, then perhaps we will then start to compete with the top 4, but i suspect that these clubs having been strong and their own infastructers being in place for so long it will not be easy and even then we've got to start getting the sort of referreeing decisions they get on a regular basis !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.