Jose Mourinho.

PhuketBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
He dragged a no mark team like Setubal from the depths

Despite being born in Setubal, Mourinho has never managed them.

I suspect you mean Leiria and while he did a good job there it wasn't quite as dramatic as you suggest. He took them to 5th place in the Portuguese league but they had finished in 6th and 10th place in the league in the 2 seasons previously and then finished 7th and 5th in the 2 seasons following his departure, so it was hardly dragging a no mark team from the depths to any great heights.

very impressive PhuketBlue, you know your football :)

Well since I've been banging on about Jose since - well about 24 hours after ADUG bought us - its nice to have some company :)

Unlike others on here I have sod all in the way of contacts but I have always felt it was virtually odds on that ADUG would get a big name manager in the summer. For me January was when I became certain Hughes was for the chop and its been a case of counting down the days ever since.

I hope and pray it is Jose but I ain't getting my hopes up until it actually happens.

And even then I may not quite believe it

skybluekings said:
PhuketBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I suspect you mean Leiria and while he did a good job there it wasn't quite as dramatic as you suggest. He took them to 5th place in the Portuguese league but they had finished in 6th and 10th place in the league in the 2 seasons previously and then finished 7th and 5th in the 2 seasons following his departure, so it was hardly dragging a no mark team from the depths to any great heights.

Either that or I just happened to be living in Portugal around that time ;)

PhuketBlue said:
skybluekings said:
PhuketBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Either that or I just happened to be living in Portugal around that time ;)

Sorry pal, only half right.

He was actually head youth coach at Setubal in the early 90s- credited with changing the future of the club and was appointed assistant manager before Bobby Robson got to hear all about him on the grapevine.

The Sun newspaper has this morning printed the following apology for a story printed in April of this year:

"On April 8th we stated incorrectly that Manchester City, through an agent, had offered Jose Mourinho £12.5m to replace Mark Hughes as manager.

"Man City have assured us that Mark Hughes retains their full support and we apologise for suggesting otherwise."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2009/July/The-Sun-issues-apology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... es-apology</a>

This thread is fucking gold well done for bumping it. Some of the comments are fucking brilliant

kiam06 said:
This is the truth as I understand it from an old University friend in Italy.

Jose Mourinho has agreed to join a Premier League team for next season, he can't reveal who as it would put his job at risk. He wouldn't even tell me the club, he could only say a Premier League Club. Believe me my mate is close to Mourinho as his job involves spending alot of time with the man.

This isn't really relevant to the 'Mourinho to City' arguement but is very interesting indeed...

I read somewhere once and actually heard it on Sky sports 'time of our lives' show that Mourinho models his entire coaching on Malcolm Allison. Mourinho's dad worked with Big Mal at a club....but cant remember who, and had the greatest of respect for Allison's training techniques. This was passed on to Jose and he rates Allison as one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.