Jose Mourinho.

Blue2112 said:
Rammy Blue said:
been out for the day with the kids and just caught up with the thread.....

nice to hear that Tolmie Hairdo is on my wavelength, anyone who thinks Jose would take over at the swamp needs to go and take their head for a wobble.

what would be the point in taking over at the scum??? - they can only go one way when baconface leaves and that is down, the only managers that scum will appoint are either Martin O'Neill or David Moyes with baconface upstairs - scum want someone who will build another legacy and stick around for another 15 years, Jose ain't that man.

Jose will be at City come June and then watch us go.

Interesting you say June, I'd go along with that all the way.

ADUG will want him in before they start announcing the players who are signing, that way said players can announce they are coming because they want to play for Jose and know City are going places.

OB1 said:
I think that City's owners have had an interest in bringing Mourinho to City for quite some time; I don't know if it will happen but I certainly would not be surprised if it did.

the deal for Jose will have been done prior to Xmas imo, if memory serves me right even Ajay said Jose had put a proposal in front of the Sheikh.

Hughes will have had a brief to create a dossier on the players so that Jose can get rid of the shite without having to spend pre-season evaluating, plus of course he will have had most of the season to watch videos of the games to get up to speed.

ADUG will be leaving nothing to chance, the summer is going to be awesome.

It really is a case of believe it when I see it I really don't think "the special one tm" will come until we are already established within the top 4 or on the verge of it. If he was really after a challenge and not walking into clubs winning or on the brink like Porto Chelsea and Inter why doesn't he go after the QPR job they have rich owners who want the club to be a Premier league force?? He won't because he is now used to walking into clubs on the brink and stealing the glory which is why he won't be coming to us either

If we don't make Europe next year then I'm wondering what sort of player will want to sign for us. Money is'nt always enough. The caliber of player we need to step on into the top 4 will need to be persuaded to forgo a year of champions league's football to come to us and I'm sure that they will already be Champion league regulars. I can't see them wanting to do it for Hughes. So, I know we all want to get there ASAP so we need the likes of Jose to fast track us.

OB1 said:
MCFCinUSA said:
OB1 said:
If you are based in the US, you may not feel the need as much as those of us back home.

thx for the contribution OB1, the force is indeed noted & appreciated; agree with you on VGaal. That said, JC has been involved with managerial/coaching talks with both the Netherlands national team and I think at least one other club team since I believe he last swore off management ten or so years back. In my humble estimation he's so damn good I'd try for him anyway, at least in some capacity. Why not when you have our cash? Why not if you really want to create something special?

in my opinion Cruyff would be worth busting the bank for, to tempt him back perhaps for one final challenge.

---

for the record I used to have season tickets, but when I started contract work here I found I was spending less and less time in the UK and my seasonal attendance suffered, and so did my consumption of a decent pint, fish & chips, and Abduls. Always a good prematch prep before walking through Witty Park and into Maine Road; ah, those were the days... if only I could transport back for one last weekend!

I'm pretty sure there were once rumours fo Franny Lee trying to persuade JC to manage City (I believe they know each other). I agree it would be worth our owner making him a offer he couldn't (maybe) refuse but doubt he's on their radar; you could always e-mail Gary Cook.

I must say that until two weeks ago I hadn't had a pre-match Hollands meat pie with chips and gravy (naughty but nice) since the Maine Road days that required a visit to the chippy next to the Kippax; not through non-attendance (although living in the Thames Valley means I have to pick and choose when to use the season ticket), just hadn't found a decent chippy near ground but finally spotted one. They don't do meat pies down South.

I never knew about this, thx for mentioning it. We're an entirely different ball game these days though, aren't we??

Seems this thread is still pretty much engaged in circular arguments about who can do what better with regards to winning things quicker than the other guy, and why...

I'd still like to see a commitment to a general way of playing and the establishment of a footballing ethos rather than a 'winning' one; the latter being a bit of a non sequitur until it actually happens and it's defacto. Brucie Bonus sent me a really neat PM late last night about this.

If there has been a secret delegation of the highest order already in league with Mourinho, as part of a contingency plan to oust Hughes if our owners do not feel he's done enough come the season end, then we might well be in for an exciting start to the summer. However, I'm not convinced this 'route one' approach will necessarily work as it's assumed it will, or that it would be the best thing for the club. If we're not the flavour of the month for many people right now, splashing the sort of money around that might bring Mourinho in could make the Kaka bid look like a bag of peanuts and a pint.

I hope ADUG and their advisors have given some very serious consideration about what they think they're trying to achieve, as well as how they think they're going to go about it, which at the end of the day - especially for their ulterior motivations, may be just as important as the end result; assuming of course there are to be any! Think about it.

Johann Cruyff....the man is such a legend, an absolute icon, and for us to somehow be part of his legacy would be such a dream come true.

Oh and he's a fu**ing good manager too! =) But I doubt he'd come, but maybe that's just me thinking that because no one really throws his name around among available managers these days.

GoForGlory said:
Johann Cruyff....the man is such a legend, an absolute icon, and for us to somehow be part of his legacy would be such a dream come true.

Oh and he's a fu**ing good manager too! =) But I doubt he'd come, but maybe that's just me thinking that because no one really throws his name around among available managers these days.

he is exceptional, but the main reason I'd prefer someone like this is that the style of football we'd be playing would be good. Irrespective of where we'd be in the EPL/other competitions we'd be playing attractive captivating football.

appointing anyone on the basis they can win this or win that and within a certain period of time is not only ridiculous it's also risky. All the arguments about who would be best (Jose for some) based upon our cumulative winning chances and who could attract the big name players etc etc is purely crystal ball gazing.

accepted, Jose might be better than Hughes on many grounds, but would he be successful in bringing a winning team to City? He might, but he might not. No one knows anything for sure about any of this until after the fact.

I'd rather appoint/dismiss based on other variables that would bring us measurable improvements, and Brucie Bonus sent me an interesting PM about this last night.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
He dragged a no mark team like Setubal from the depths

Despite being born in Setubal, Mourinho has never managed them.

I suspect you mean Leiria and while he did a good job there it wasn't quite as dramatic as you suggest. He took them to 5th place in the Portuguese league but they had finished in 6th and 10th place in the league in the 2 seasons previously and then finished 7th and 5th in the 2 seasons following his departure, so it was hardly dragging a no mark team from the depths to any great heights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.