Jose...

Mancio said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
He didn't come to City until December and it was a rush job. And if it was as simple as getting the full contract term, why did it take 18 months to resolve? Talk some sense.

he take 18 months to resolve because he wanted to wait for a project he liked.

was'nt hurry, becouse he was well paid, very well paid thanks to his contract
They sacked him therefore weren't paying him a penny. I can't imagine Italian law is that much different. You get sacked and then you agree a fair amount of compensation. In fact, I understand in Italy compensation is restricted to 15 months pay but I suppose it would have depended on the actual terms in his contract.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancio said:
he take 18 months to resolve because he wanted to wait for a project he liked.

was'nt hurry, becouse he was well paid, very well paid thanks to his contract
They sacked him therefore weren't paying him a penny. I can't imagine Italian law is that much different. You get sacked and then you agree a fair amount of compensation. In fact, I understand in Italy compensation is restricted to 15 months pay but I suppose it would have depended on the actual terms in his contract.

in italy the law say that the sacked manager got ALL the remaining amount , ALL .

is the sacked manager that can look for resolve , and usually do it only when he found a new job.

All very interesting stuff. Every red I know though is completely convinced that when SAF goes Jose will be theirs.

I think our activity in the January transfer window tells us everything we need to know though about whether or not Mancini will be here in 6 months time. Whether Jose has been lined up, who knows, although Prestwich Blue seems pretty convinced?

pezlington said:
Though the prospect of Jose Mourinho at city is cool, hes clearly waiting for the united job!
Why?

They will have to fund transfers from sales for at least the next five years as all available cash (just under £90m) will be going out of the club to either pay interest on the bonds (£45m) and the Glazers (£40m+). Plus how much further can he take them?

Whereas at City, we are already on the verge of the top 4, despite the crap we're playing at the moment, and have virtually limitless resources. It's a no-brainer.

Chelsea hadn't won anything when he went there and neither had Porto for a few seasons when he went there. He likes the challenge.

I'd love to see Mourinho at City but it certainly would be a big challenge even for him, most clubs hes walked into had Champions League quality and were more or less there, i still think 4th is a big challenge this season especially with Liverpool starting to fire their cylinders, suppose though come summer it wouldn't be difficult with unlimited money for Mourinho to put a squad together, i'm unsure though i still think don't know if all this 'return' talk is him after the Liverpool or United job, Ferguson would never leave anytime soon but Benitez... Liverpool don't have any money though so i really don't know, if they fail to finish 4th thats when Benitez will leave but it'll be an absolute disaster for them financially and they wouldn't possibly be in a better place than us anyway.

I'm more than happy for Mancini to stay and give him the time needed, let him put together 'his own' squad in the summer etc. But i still think if we want the ultimate goal in the long run which is to start winning everything then we go for the ultimate manager and i think Mourinho is just that. There is one quote i noticed which really entices me..

(On Mancini)
" Although he signed a 3½-year contract after replacing Mark Hughes, an agreement is believed to be in place that would enable City to dismiss him after six months. "

This really makes me think that Mourinho really is on the cards it just depends on this seasons end result. Its not just that though i'm sort of sensing a weird relationship going on between Inter and City, like the Mariga transfer and the fact their former manager before Mourinho is now ours, lots of weird things going on!

The only other job is the Real Madrid job we all know their reputation when it comes to managers but i'm unsure whether he'd goto Spain or not, Barcelona have Pep so its between Liverpool,City and Real Madrid if you ask me unless United win f**k all.

inbetween said:
There is one quote i noticed which really entices me..

(On Mancini)
" Although he signed a 3½-year contract after replacing Mark Hughes, an agreement is believed to be in place that would enable City to dismiss him after six months. "

This really makes me think that Mourinho really is on the cards it just depends on this seasons end result. Its not just that though i'm sort of sensing a weird relationship going on between Inter and City, like the Mariga transfer and the fact their former manager before Mourinho is now ours, lots of weird things going on!
Forgive my ignorance but the only first hand source for this that I know of is the initial interview with Mancini. Most of the stuff since appears to feed on the 'six months and three years' which could well be a language point. Is there anything more definite ?

As to the compo if Inter had to pay his full contract then surely they would pay month by month, rather than as one lump on the termination. Was this not what happened with Sven with the result that he did not take a new job until his contract with the FA was up. I agree that there is likely to be some incentive for Mancini, over and above simply collecting the Euros from Inter. I've not researched his deal there and the precise arrangements here seem shrouded in mystery.

Bluephoria said:
inbetween said:
There is one quote i noticed which really entices me..

(On Mancini)

Forgive my ignorance but the only first hand source for this that I know of is the initial interview with Mancini. Most of the stuff since appears to feed on the 'six months and three years' which could well be a language point. Is there anything more definite ?

As to the compo if Inter had to pay his full contract then surely they would pay month by month, rather than as one lump on the termination. Was this not what happened with Sven with the result that he did not take a new job until his contract with the FA was up. I agree that there is likely to be some incentive for Mancini, over and above simply collecting the Euros from Inter. I've not researched his deal there and the precise arrangements here seem shrouded in mystery.

Not sure most of the papers have said it and after Hughes you'd think the board would put such a clause in anyway because i'm quite confident Mourinho would of been first choice had he been available when Hughes was gone. I doubt if Mancini really flopped they'd want to be stuck with him when they could get one of the biggest managers in football.

Its not all that though its just Mourinho hinting at he more or less wants a return to England this summer.. I can't think of any club except City that would fit what Mourinho looks for in a club and hes said things like this more than once this season. Ferguson is going nowhere this season or next and Benitez might go but Mourinho would come into a club possibly with a squad not capable of Champions League football and no money to make it happen. The only other option is Real Madrid but he doesn't want to goto Spain.

bizzbo said:
can't really get excited about mourinho. I never liked watching chelsea, certainly didn't like the football, didn't really like the spirit they played the game. I don't like his inter team as much as mancini's, either. I'd accept it if we won, but, i'd prefer us to do it our own way, build something a bit different, I can't get excited about following in chelsea's footsteps.

I'm with you! I thought Chelsea were whingers, bullies, diving cheats, fowling batsards, and not an entertaining football team under Morinho! okay they won trophies but I'd rather win them with class and style than just by steamrollering our way to
lift them!

[/quote]

As to the compo if Inter had to pay his full contract then surely they would pay month by month, rather than as one lump on the termination. Was this not what happened with Sven with the result that he did not take a new job until his contract with the FA was up. I agree that there is likely to be some incentive for Mancini, over and above simply collecting the Euros from Inter. I've not researched his deal there and the precise arrangements here seem shrouded in mystery.[/quote]

Not sure most of the papers have said it and after Hughes you'd think the board would put such a clause in anyway because i'm quite confident Mourinho would of been first choice had he been available when Hughes was gone. I doubt if Mancini really flopped they'd want to be stuck with him when they could get one of the biggest managers in football.

Its not all that though its just Mourinho hinting at he more or less wants a return to England this summer.. I can't think of any club except City that would fit what Mourinho looks for in a club and hes said things like this more than once this season. Ferguson is going nowhere this season or next and Benitez might go but Mourinho would come into a club possibly with a squad not capable of Champions League football and no money to make it happen. The only other option is Real Madrid but he doesn't want to goto Spain.[/quote]

It does seem clear that Mourinho wants to return to the spotlight in England.

Agreed that the board might be careful about getting stuck with a manager they do not want but it might reflect on them if they release Mancini in the summer. Agreed also that we are more what JM might want then replacing Benitez (unless new investment). Were he offered the job at OT then it is difficult not to see him wanting to massage his ego. Every prospect of an acrimonious split though - something that he appears prepared to accept (presumably believing he is at least as big as the club he is leaving).

Let us hope that by the summer we have a cup and / or CL to look forward to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.