Joshua Kimmich

Less likely than the Suarez rumours.

Why so pessimistic? Remember when Thiago Alcantara was at Barcelona he was young and talented, but at a lower pecking order than an ageing Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta, no one would have thought he would leave for Germany when he was destined to be patient and wait for a starting spot. Instead he followed his fellow spaniard Pep to Bayern. If Pep really wants him I don't think it would be impossible for him to consider a move.

Why so pessimistic? Remember when Thiago Alcantara was at Barcelona he was young and talented, but at a lower pecking order than an ageing Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta, no one would have thought he would leave for Germany when he was destined to be patient and wait for a starting spot. Instead he followed his fellow spaniard Pep to Bayern. If Pep really wants him I don't think it would be impossible for him to consider a move.
At best Pep can do him a solid and sniff around and get Bayern to give him a pay increase. He's not blocked in the Bayern team like Thiago was and he's a very popular player there. There's simply no motivation for Bayern to sell him unless they think he was dramatically overrated or he's going to flop for some unknown reason. I'd love to have him but it's really not realistic in any way.

IM-POS-SI-BLE!
I genuinely he can Maffeo into something special rather than buy Kimmich. In fact Kimmich was a nobody until last season.

I don't think it would be a good idea to sell De Bruyne, even if we had Sane. Thiago is a quality player but I feel like we need to strengthen our full back positions more than anything else.

It certainly wouldn't as he's an established, exceptional player but with Peps, high possession, short and quick passing game predicated on wing play being isolated, a player like Thiago is essential. Sane provides essentially everything he had with Coman. KDB is a different type of player who excels in space and in transition (one of, if not the best in the world going from defence to attack). This will be limited in matches where 60% of possession is in the opponents final 3rd.

To pry a talent like Kimmich from Bayern would require a near record fee or a player in return.Thiago would be an better defensive option pressing in the final 3rd than KDB and is more in line with what Gundogan provides as a true CM. Defenders adapt with the ball at their feet and CM's who press and win the ball in the opponents half as well as linking up with players on the touchlines are staples of Pep Guardiola teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.