Joshua Kimmich

NOOOOOOO!!!!

This would set us back about 5 years..

If a player can't hold down a DM position in the Bundesliga which is a much easier league.. how will he hold it down in the PL?

Hope and a prayer?

And we can't afford to become a retirement home.. that's how we become as stupid as the rags.. who bought Casemiro with 1 year left, Varane with 2 years left.

We should be targetting 22-23 year olds, not 29 year olds or just promote from the academy. Atleast they can grow into the role.

Also how do you figure Kimmich's salary increase along with a new contract for Rodri, Foden and Haaland when we're heading into new regulations where only 70% of revenue can be spent on wages (down from 90% this year).

And we still have Cancelo's 300k per week on our books till *checks notes* 2026-27!

Big no from me!
Don't worry yourself, we are in good hands.

We bought Ferna at age 28 and it's not bad return isn't?

Not saying Kimmich we stay for us that long like Ferna but it's still posibility.

Ferna is a unicorn!

Not everyone is Ferna or going to age like Ferna.

FFS just look at Yaya.. bossed the league with 20 goals in 2014 and by 2016 he couldn't even press.. was seen walking and gasping for air in the CL semi vs RM.

And sadly I suspect that's what's likely to happen to Rodri since he is being overused so much. We need to be very very picky with our profile in who we get for DM!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

This would set us back about 5 years..

If a player can't hold down a DM position in the Bundesliga which is a much easier league.. how will he hold it down in the PL?

Hope and a prayer?

And we can't afford to become a retirement home.. that's how we become as stupid as the rags.. who bought Casemiro with 1 year left, Varane with 2 years left.

We should be targetting 22-23 year olds, not 29 year olds or just promote from the academy. Atleast they can grow into the role.

Also how do you figure Kimmich's salary increase along with a new contract for Rodri, Foden and Haaland when we're heading into new regulations where only 70% of revenue can be spent on wages (down from 90% this year).

And we still have Cancelo's 300k per week on our books till *checks notes* 2026-27!

Big no from me!
Think im with you. A good player. Would have been an amazing signing 4 or 5 years ago but just doesnt feel right to me. And totally at odds with our usual transfer strategy.

You can add Schweinsteiger to Casemiro/Varane aswell. Dont see Kimmich wanting to come here if Rodri/Walker are still in situ….

We bought Ferna at age 28 and it's not bad return isn't?

Not saying Kimmich we stay for us that long like Ferna but it's still posibility.
That was a long time ago now (Fernandinho). Would be very unusual for us to go for him. Only significant outfield player over 25/26 i can remember us signing since Pep, is Kovacic…. Its not our usual strategy!!

The thing with Kimmich is he opens up many permutations in team selection and different ways for us to play, as well as solving our main problem of providing cover as a 6 for Rodri. While I ‘d be all for a Guimaraes or similar if the club went that way, he could only play as an 8 or a 6 and doesn’t give us the options to play different ways,Kimmich would.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.