Joshua Kimmich

He’s too small. Height wise and muscle wise , when he’s played in Midfield we’ve seen Lewis get pushed around knocked off the ball. Needs to grow a bit first just like Foden has.
I’m not having the height argument. There’s plenty of smaller players who are brilliant midfielders. He is also 19? So he will get bigger and naturally stronger.

He needs a chance to develop in that role though or at right back. If we buy kimmich he won’t get that opportunity.

Sometimes I think investing in a long term project, rather than a quick fix if the best option. We could save ourselves millions

I never said he was Rodri’s replacement. Lewis is someone who would play next to Rodri. If we buy kimmich that puts an end to that in my opinion.

Kimmich isn’t a Rodri replacement either. I don’t think he’s anywhere near as good in that role.
Lewis is 19, Kimmmich 29 , perfect age gap for Lewis to develop in that role ( might mean a loan, or like Foden might not). Nobody mentioned a Rodri replacement, we just want adequate cover, nobody is as good. Kimmich is better than most, and understands how to play the position in a Pep team. As well as being available to playe the inverted right back position, probably better than anyone.

I’m not having the height argument. There’s plenty of smaller players who are brilliant midfielders. He is also 19? So he will get bigger and naturally stronger.

He needs a chance to develop in that role though or at right back. If we buy kimmich he won’t get that opportunity.

Sometimes I think investing in a long term project, rather than a quick fix if the best option. We could save ourselves millions
This is the difficulty of running an elite football club
If we want to win more trophies we might have to accept that not all players like Rico will get sufficient game time. I think we need more players that Pep trusts to start week in week out and Rico at the moment isn’t that guy
It’s difficult because I understand we want to see the academy lads flourish and get time in the first team, but on the other hand we might have to accept that they aren’t ready/good enough to warrant the game time. It’s a difficult situation but none of the lads coming through are on the same level as someone like Phil.
It’s a harsh reality

He is 29, in his prime. Not some 34yr old has been like what the rags sign.

Signing Kimmich this summer is a marker, we are continuing to cement ourselves at the top of world football. If we sign him it also means Pep is staying which is a double bonus.

I am not sure what you have been watching for the past decade if you don't think City know what they are doing, we have unmatched investment in long term projects across all age groups and positions. City aren't here to save millions, we are here to win trophies. Kimmich goes a lot further than Rico to doing that at the minute.

This is the difficulty of running an elite football club
If we want to win more trophies we might have to accept that not all players like Rico will get sufficient game time. I think we need more players that Pep trusts to start week in week out and Rico at the moment isn’t that guy
It’s difficult because I understand we want to see the academy lads flourish and get time in the first team, but on the other hand we might have to accept that they aren’t ready/good enough to warrant the game time. It’s a difficult situation but none of the lads coming through are on the same level as someone like Phil.
It’s a harsh reality
Pep has shown more trust in Rico than any other 18-19 year old player even Phil.

His performances against Leipzig and Palace away showed me that he's nor far off being ready to start regularly in midfield.

we have unmatched investment in long term projects across all age groups and positions. City aren't here to save millions, we are here to win trophies. Kimmich goes a lot further than Rico to doing that at the minute.

Umm

You sure you're talking about the very same club that didn't pay for Alexis, Slabhead, Jorginho, Koulibaly, Kane, Bellendham, Rice, Bruno??

The very same club that didn't replace Kompany, Silva, Aguero and Gundogan???

Last edited:
Umm

You sure you're talking about the very same club that didn't pay for Alexis, Slabhead, Jorginho, Koulibaly, Kane, Bellendham, Rice, Bruno??

The very same club that didn't replace Kompany, Silva, Aguero and Gundogan???
Jorginho agreed to sign for us then changed his mind at the last minute because his other half wanted to live in London. He then divorced her a year later! A shame as he would have been great for us at the time.

Unless you are rich, it's not, from my experience. Dirty, crime-ridden. I moved out of there after less than a year. It's great if you live in a nice area, can afford to enjoy the perks of a big city. For a footballer? Great. For average Joe? Not so much.

Back on topic, I can't wait to see Kimmich in our shirt. Covers RB, midfield, has a ton of experience at the highest level, typical Pep-player, genuinely world-class for me. An absolute no brainer and I hope we sign him asap.
I think people both overhype the city and overrate the crime situation at the same time. I wouldn’t say it’s the best city in the world but it’s definitely one of the best. It has everything. In regards to crime, it’s actually one of the safest cities in the US considering it’s size. Chicago is dangerous in some parts unless you live in a rich neighbourhood. If I am rich and want to make more money, I want to be in the US as money here goes a long way. If I am dirt poor, UK (or Europe) would be my choice because of the safety nets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.