Joshua Kimmich

Umm

You sure you're talking about the very same club that didn't pay for Alexis, Slabhead, Jorginho, Koulibaly, Kane, Bellendham, Rice, Bruno??

The very same club that didn't replace Kompany, Silva, Aguero and Gundogan???
What?

We didn't overpay for those players is what I think you mean to say.

Yeah we didn't replace them and won fuck all without them, sack Txiki then sack Pep and then Khaldoon, they aint got a clue.

What?

We didn't overpay for those players is what I think you mean to say.

Yeah we didn't replace them and won fuck all without them, sack Txiki then sack Pep and then Khaldoon, they aint got a clue.

But you're talking about overpaying and giving them ridiculous salaries.

I think we've overpaid and given ridiculous salaries recently.

Kalvin being the most apparent. Cancelo too. Both are just not movable.

But you're talking about overpaying and giving them ridiculous salaries.

I think we've overpaid and given ridiculous salaries recently.

Kalvin being the most apparent. Cancelo too. Both are just not movable.
I am not talking about overpaying at all, we didn't overpay for any of those because we didn't sign them. We went and signed someone better.

Dias is on less wages than Maguire for example.

I am not sure why you are making out like Cancelo contributed fuck all, played nearly 100 games and more than played his part to win 3 prems. He has been loaned out with both Bayern and Barca paying his wages, we will likely sell him this summer and bank a profit, where is the downside?

If all you can come up with is those two in the past decade then it just proves my point.

I don't really understand what point you are trying to make here.

Someone suggested that we don't sign Kimmich to save a few million by just playing Rico, we may as well sack off Haaland and just bring in Delap then or maybe we should sell Foden and just play McAtee.

I am not sure what you have been watching for the past decade if you don't think City know what they are doing,
I’ve got no idea how you’ve managed to get to that. Of course they know what they are doing.

I’ve literally just said I want Lewis to get a chance, rather than signing kimmich. I think that’s perfectly reasonable.

We will win trophies and stay at the top with Rico.

Last edited:
This is the difficulty of running an elite football club
If we want to win more trophies we might have to accept that not all players like Rico will get sufficient game time. I think we need more players that Pep trusts to start week in week out and Rico at the moment isn’t that guy
It’s difficult because I understand we want to see the academy lads flourish and get time in the first team, but on the other hand we might have to accept that they aren’t ready/good enough to warrant the game time. It’s a difficult situation but none of the lads coming through are on the same level as someone like Phil.
It’s a harsh reality
To be fair no young player in football was at the same level as Phil. Rico is good enough though and like Phil I think he needs more game time to prove that.

If we only want ready made world class players I can’t see any youngsters making it. By the way I’m not saying he should start every game, but I think he is good enough to play an important role for us. Save the money and give him more minutes

Pep has shown more trust in Rico than any other 18-19 year old player even Phil.

His performances against Leipzig and Palace away showed me that he's nor far off being ready to start regularly in midfield.

To be fair no young player in football was at the same level as Phil. Rico is good enough though and like Phil I think he needs more game time to prove that.

If we only want ready made world class players I can’t see any youngsters making it. By the way I’m not saying he should start every game, but I think he is good enough to play an important role for us. Save the money and give him more minutes
I don’t disagree but I think the club don’t think he’s good enough yet

I could see him being loaned out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.