Joshua Kimmich

2016 Kimmich was considerably better than the 2024 one. Maybe he's just stale at Bayern, but he's been so average in the 7 or 8 games I've seen Bayern play this season. He's never stood out once.
Nothing getting the band back together with Guardiola and playing in a much better team with much better coaches won't fix.

I agree that at 29 he's no longer a "young" player but there's still a good few years left in his prime.

I think he'd be a brilliant addition to our squad and a billion% upgrade on Philips.

Nothing getting the band back together with Guardiola and playing in a much better team with much better coaches won't fix.

I agree that at 29 he's no longer a "young" player but there's still a good few years left in his prime.

I think he'd be a brilliant addition to our squad and a billion% upgrade on Philips.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I would happily take him. He's been average this season but Bayern have flattered to deceive under Tuchel and edge a lot of games they didn't really deserve to win. Just wouldn't go out of the way to sign him at this stage of his career. Pep probably will though, seeing as he loves the player.

Kimmich and Wirtz are my TOP signings for the summer window. I think we will see more signings with all the games in mind. that new CWC looks bad.
I watch a lot of Bundesliga and Bayern, he´s not as good and wouldn´t make our team better.

And you can´t compare Kimmich to Philips, completely different types of players.

I watch a lot of Bundesliga and Bayern, he´s not as good and wouldn´t make our team better.

And you can´t compare Kimmich to Philips, completely different types of players.
Maybe on this season's form, but he has been one of the world's best players in his position for years. Even if he doesn't look it right now, his quality didn't just disappear at 28. I reckon Pep (Kimmich is his golden boy) could bring him back to his old form. Having said that, a couple of pages back, I posted some stats that he is still in the 99th percentile for all sorts of stats relevant for us for midfielders in the top 5 leagues for the last 365 days. Therefore, still an absolutely brilliant player.

With the rumors of Neves from Benfica in the summer I’m not sure we do Kimmich to be honest.

With the rumors of Neves from Benfica in the summer I’m not sure we do Kimmich to be honest.
Unless we intend to play him in the inverted RB role. I know he doesn't regularly play there anymore, but I reckon Pep could eye him as someone to take over from Kyle Walker, who will surely not continue to start games next season as well. I see Walker as a bit of a specific assignment guy for Vini or Mbappe, but otherwise, he doesn't justify a starting 11 spot this season. He has been subpar all season, so it could perhaps explain why we are eyeing Kimmich. We don't need a traditional LB or RB in our system against 90%+ of teams.

P.S. I would be delighted if we end up getting Neves :). I love the kid.

Would be an excellent signing , apparently he hasnt been at his best this season but neither have Bayern as a team take Kane out of the equation and they would be struggling , Kimmich maybe needs a new challenge. The problem is Bayern's arrogance we are the last club they want to sell players to , new money/gatecrashers to their cushy euro elite club.
Kimmich has all the experience and he has that win at all costs attitude ,get rid of Phillips and bid the German Rags £50/60m , they can only say no , but if we could get him in this transfer window it would be a serious kick in the bollocks for our title pretenders/challengers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.