Joshua Wilson-Esbrand

JWE is a better fullback than rico lewis but as a pep system player rico is better. unfortunately don't think pep gives a shit about who is better. just about who is better for the system. like how he prefers grealish to foden.
Have to disagree there.

JWE might be faster and stronger but his control, dribbling and intelligence is a step down from Lewis.

He made a number of no look crosses yesterday that annoyed me, he loses the ball needlessly.

JWE is a better fullback than rico lewis but as a pep system player rico is better. unfortunately don't think pep gives a shit about who is better. just about who is better for the system. like how he prefers grealish to foden.

Rico Lewis is the polar opposite of a system player.

The reason Rico is doing well is because he’s intelligent, reads the game well, is technically very good and protects the ball.

Those qualities make him work in any system in any position.

Injuries or not, I'm not sure we'll see him regularly tbh. I think he's a great prospect but I'm not convinced Pep sees him as much more than a very raw option. He's got a lot to improve on (naturally given his age) in terms of ball retention and positional awareness and I'd guess Pep sees it as too risky. He was constantly barking orders at him the last time we played. Compare that to Rico who is a manager's dream and knows exactly where to be always and doesn't give the ball away...JWE is more direct and aggressive, and though that's what we want to see, I'm not sure Pep does, sadly.
Yeah, looks like my gut instinct might have been right on that ^^

Coventry managed by Mark Robins - saviour of bacon-face.

Great opportunity for JWE

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.