Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players you can see the failures and how to improve them, he is a good player but he is not going to grow an inch and become commanding in the air , he is not going to get faster to play the high back line, he is a follower not a leader at the moment, reaction, first touch normaly decide how far you go, not all players improve with age/experience, he is as good as he is going to get for me.
That's your option and I respect that. I think the club probably think otherwise. He's coming in to replace laporte. Who himself isn't fast or a leader.... But saying someone won't improve at 21 is the bit I dont agree with. Ake went up a level when we signed him. Akanji is better here than he was at Dortmund. So to say this guy isnt going to improve when many scouts, clubs think he's got the potential to do so doesn't sit right with me. But time will tell

That's your option and I respect that. I think the club probably think otherwise. He's coming in to replace laporte. Who himself isn't fast or a leader.... But saying someone won't improve at 21 is the bit I dont agree with. Ake went up a level when we signed him. Akanji is better here than he was at Dortmund. So to say this guy isnt going to improve when many scouts, clubs think he's got the potential to do so doesn't sit right with me. But time will tell
Fair do`s you have a different opinion to mine, i am not a believer that the press know who City are targeting as first choice, and Ake did not go up a level, at Chelsea he was regarded as a very good left back that they did not want to lose, at his next club he was their best player, Akanji is not better he has just returned to form, he could get better if he learns leadership and cuts out his dependance on pace.

Neither Akanji or Gvardiol in same class as Laporte imho

Fair do`s you have a different opinion to mine, i am not a believer that the press know who City are targeting as first choice, and Ake did not go up a level, at Chelsea he was regarded as a very good left back that they did not want to lose, at his next club he was their best player, Akanji is not better he has just returned to form, he could get better if he learns leadership and cuts out his dependance on pace.
Ake didn't go up a level? Are you kidding? Last season and the season before that no one would've batted an eye if he was sold and now people are begging for his contract extension. Clear evidence that he has gotten better.

Ake has gone up several levels, he was a decent defender but now has become undroppable in one if the best club sides in the world.

The transformation in him is incredible.

Ake didn't go up a level? Are you kidding? Last season and the season before that no one would've batted an eye if he was sold and now people are begging for his contract extension. Clear evidence that he has gotten better.

Ake has gone up several levels, he was a decent defender but now has become undroppable in one if the best club sides in the world.

The transformation in him is incredible.
Gone up a level from where? from when he was a bit part CB player at City? or a rock CB at Bournmouth? or a superb LB at Chelsea? Ake is mearly showing why we bought him now he is getting regular game time. But it is interesting that it was his shoulders Gvardiol was climbing on ( a foul not given ) when he scored. Chelsea came in for Ake during the summer, and City refused to sell.

Gone up a level from where? from when he was a bit part CB player at City? or a rock CB at Bournmouth? or a superb LB at Chelsea? Ake is mearly showing why we bought him now he is getting regular game time. But it is interesting that it was his shoulders Gvardiol was climbing on ( a foul not given ) when he scored. Chelsea came in for Ake during the summer, and City refused to sell.
Exactly a rock CB at Bournemouth, just because he was Mammoth there doesn't mean he would cut it at City. However he has come in and been one of our most consistent players at a high level and has kept one of the best wingers in Saka on lock twice. Ake has clearly gone up a level, consistency is hard to achieve and maintain for so long.

Neither Akanji or Gvardiol in same class as Laporte imho
I get what your saying but I think Akanji is also underrated...I think he is a very good 1vs1 defender.....positionally suspect at times and lacks a little concentration (part of the same thing I guess) but he has some very strong attributes.

I can't think of many - if any - players that Pep hasn't improved. He's the greatest coach of all time in my opinion and he's taken 'ordinary players' and transformed them into world class players - Ederson, Stones, Dias, Rodri, KdB and Bernardo weren't regarded as top class when they arrived and they've gone through the roof thanks to Pep's coaching.

I only saw Gvardiol "play" against Haaland. In truth, Haaland could've been marked by peak Kompany, Moore and Maldini that night and he'd still have got a hat-trick. He's the greatest striker in the world by some distance and is impossible to play against when he's like he is at the moment. I can't judge any player in a game like that.

If Pep wants Gvardiol, I GUARANTEE that within 18 months he will be the best defender in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.