Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t impressed in two games against us.
And that's your choice. I am sure that the club's scouting and performance analysts will be looking at him and others, and will probably have been doing so for several seasons. If we look at our team, there have been several games this season when even our top players have looked poor.

IMO the move here is to target the €85m release clause next summer. Nail the player and agent down, get it all sorted like Haaland and then see if Leipzig can be tempted to bring things forward.

I feel that we are at a point now where we are good enough and attractive enough to players that we can take longer positions and sit out the current Chelsea inspired craziness.

For £75/€85m Gvardiol is an absolute steal, he'll be 22 and could anchor the defence for over a decade.

At £115m there's suddenly a lot more pressure on him. Any mistake is going to be blown up in the media and socials, the heirarchy in the club gets a bit weird because it gives a player a sort of unearned rank if you cost a club record fee, players like Aké could rightfully assume they're being replaced not complemented.

Not to mention the outrage of two 9 figure signings in a single window would probably be genuinely distracting for the club and insufferable for the fans.

Last edited:
IMO the move here is to target the €85m release clause next summer. Nail the player and agent down, get it all sorted like Haaland and then see if Leipzig can be tempted to bring things forward.

I feel that we are at a point now where we are good enough and attractive enough to players that we can take longer positions and sit out the current Chelsea inspired craziness.

For £75/€85m Gvardiol is an absolute steal, he'll be 22 and could anchor the defence for over a decade.

At £115m there's suddenly a lot more pressure on him. Any mistake is going to be blown up in the media and socials, the heirarchy in the club gets a bit weird because it gives a player a sort of unearned rank if you cost a club record fee, players like Aké could rightfully assume they're being replaced not complemented.

Not to mention the outrage of two 9 figure signings in a single window would probably be genuinely distracting for the club and insufferable for the fans.
Theres rumours coming from germany that the fee will be more like around 85 million, so below the release clause apparently. think it was bild that wrote that.

I dont think the club are that bothered by outside noise they get the players we need and i think they will point to laporte leaving and offsetting he fee they recieve for him. I think the media are going to go after us anyway because its going to be a big spending summer. However it will be offset by players such as bernie laporte and cancelo all going plus youngsters.

Theres rumours coming from germany that the fee will be more like around 85 million, so below the release clause apparently. think it was bild that wrote that.

I dont think the club are that bothered by outside noise they get the players we need and i think they will point to laporte leaving and offsetting he fee they recieve for him. I think the media are going to go after us anyway because its going to be a big spending summer. However it will be offset by players such as bernie laporte and cancelo all going plus youngsters.

i have read that Leipzig have growing debts and Red Bull set budgets across the whole of their teams that they provide money with so maybe its now for Leipzig to cash in?

Wasn’t impressed in two games against us.
To be fair he has been massively hyped due to his age, i have watched more than two games :) and he is a good player playing in a counter attacking team, so has plenty of support when he makes a mistake, is he worth the money? nope, is he as good than what we have? nope, will he improve and become worth the money? for me that is nope, i simply do not believe he has the ability to improve.

To be fair he has been massively hyped due to his age, i have watched more than two games :) and he is a good player playing in a counter attacking team, so has plenty of support when he makes a mistake, is he worth the money? nope, is he as good than what we have? nope, will he improve and become worth the money? for me that is nope, i simply do not believe he has the ability to improve.
does not have the ability to improve. Hes just turned 21.

does not have the ability to improve. Hes just turned 21.
Some players you can see the failures and how to improve them, he is a good player but he is not going to grow an inch and become commanding in the air , he is not going to get faster to play the high back line, he is a follower not a leader at the moment, reaction, first touch normaly decide how far you go, not all players improve with age/experience, he is as good as he is going to get for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.