Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of many - if any - players that Pep hasn't improved. He's the greatest coach of all time in my opinion and he's taken 'ordinary players' and transformed them into world class players - Ederson, Stones, Dias, Rodri, KdB and Bernardo weren't regarded as top class when they arrived and they've gone through the roof thanks to Pep's coaching.

I only saw Gvardiol "play" against Haaland. In truth, Haaland could've been marked by peak Kompany, Moore and Maldini that night and he'd still have got a hat-trick. He's the greatest striker in the world by some distance and is impossible to play against when he's like he is at the moment. I can't judge any player in a game like that.

If Pep wants Gvardiol, I GUARANTEE that within 18 months he will be the best defender in the world.

After Dias ;-)

Some players you can see the failures and how to improve them, he is a good player but he is not going to grow an inch and become commanding in the air , he is not going to get faster to play the high back line, he is a follower not a leader at the moment, reaction, first touch normaly decide how far you go, not all players improve with age/experience, he is as good as he is going to get for me.
If all that you are saying is true the club won't be looking at him.

Some players you can see the failures and how to improve them, he is a good player but he is not going to grow an inch and become commanding in the air , he is not going to get faster to play the high back line, he is a follower not a leader at the moment, reaction, first touch normaly decide how far you go, not all players improve with age/experience, he is as good as he is going to get for me.
That's a bold claim to make mate... He's 22 & has all the raw materials of a top class centre back. I don't get how you can sense he's at his peak now & will never improve further? \0/

I get what your saying but I think Akanji is also underrated...I think he is a very good 1vs1 defender.....positionally suspect at times and lacks a little concentration (part of the same thing I guess) but he has some very strong attributes.
I really liked him at the start but his lack of concentration scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.