Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct! Soriano the CEO of City is an employee of the club.

The £700mill accounts haven’t been published yet. There was no ball park figure until it was mentioned.

Our CEO.

“We now know that this year our revenues are going to be above £700 million. This is the British record - and we are probably No.1 in Europe and also the world.”

Did you know that figure before it was mentioned? No, neither did any of us, including selling clubs.

But as you rightly pointed out, those club probably worked that figure out due to City’s treble success, etc, and all the revenues that brought with it. (let’s hope the Scousers haven’t hacked City’s accounts system ;-) )

As it stands, City have basically spent no additional money on new players to improve or to supplement the team and the squad, as players going out and coming in have roughly cost the same.

I’m not ungrateful. I’m not greedy. I’m not flapping. Like the vast majority of posters on this thread I just want City to sign Josko for £? If that’s the only signing City make bar Kovačić, I’ll be happy with that. :-)

Right! Off to Tesco to use my City Transfer Club Card.
Of course people knew roughly the figure - it’s not rocket science to take prior year accounts and adjust for what happened in the year.

You clearly have not heard of financial analysts it’s done daily on businesses across the world. You don’t need to hack anything it’s all publicly available information.

I ‘didn’t know’ you are correct - I wasn’t interested - however if I had been interested it would have taken me 10 minutes to work out.

City have a principal of not paying more than they believe is the appropriate amoun in their own valuation. It has saved us many times - Fred Sanchez cucurella maguire etc.

When priced out once before we went for Diaz - that’s not worked out badly.

The window is still open so I will judge the window once it has closed

Last edited:
Just getting slightly off topic, any news on the transfer today?
nope.
well, there’s twitter of course, chelsea, united, liverpool and spurs are sending offers and trying to hijack and whatnot. :D joško playing for spurs is as possible as me owning a real dragon, so first i laughed and now i’m just sad because i really want a dragon.

There’s a lot in there, but I guess the best place to start is to say Txiki is not entirely responsible for buying players. That responsibility rightly doesn’t sit with one man, so you can relax on that point.

He’s the Sporting Director - a very common role at most top clubs across Europe if you care to have a look, and he got the role as he was incredibly successful performing the same role at Barca. He was responsible for identifying Pep as the successor to Rijkaard when he was nothing more than a B Team Manager with one season’s experience, and when many on the Barca board wanted a big name replacement.

He also identified (alongside the scouting team) and secured (alongside the commercial Exec team) the non-Masia players who made up the spine of Pep’s historic Barca team.

At City, he performs the same role - responsible for working with our scouting team and Pep to identify key roles in the squad that need strengthening, and the players we need to acquire to fill those roles. Crucially, he doesn’t do this on his own. Look up Omar Berrada if you want to see someone who is very hands on in this process at City.

There are videos of the conversations which go on around this process at City from our recent fly on the wall documentaries if you want to see it happening for yourself.

Crucially Txiki is the Sporting Director - not the Commercial Director. So he identifies the players we need, and sells the Club to them - but he is not solely responsible for negotiating the Financial package with either the player or the selling club.

Clearly none of us know exactly where one role ends and the other begins in this process, but it’s fair to assume from the footage out there (both from City and his time at Barca) and how similar roles work in other organisations that Soriano and Berrada are more involved on this side of the process than Txiki.

So really if you want to lay the blame for the drawn out negotiation process at anyone’s door, you’re probably better building a voodoo doll of Soriano to stick your pins in than Txiki.

He and Pep will tell the board the players they feel will fit for specific gaps in the squad, and it’s up to the commercial leadership to secure the right package for the Club.

And finally - if you haven’t seen anyone criticising Txiki in here, then you’re clearly not reading any of the threads in the Transfer Forum. Which is difficult to believe given how often you post in here.

Txiki bashing is a favourite pass time of the uninformed on this forum, so I can’t help but feel this bit of your post is disingenuous.
Great post made up of facts - nice one!

There’s a lot in there, but I guess the best place to start is to say Txiki is not entirely responsible for buying players. That responsibility rightly doesn’t sit with one man, so you can relax on that point.

He’s the Sporting Director - a very common role at most top clubs across Europe if you care to have a look, and he got the role as he was incredibly successful performing the same role at Barca. He was responsible for identifying Pep as the successor to Rijkaard when he was nothing more than a B Team Manager with one season’s experience, and when many on the Barca board wanted a big name replacement.

He also identified (alongside the scouting team) and secured (alongside the commercial Exec team) the non-Masia players who made up the spine of Pep’s historic Barca team.

At City, he performs the same role - responsible for working with our scouting team and Pep to identify key roles in the squad that need strengthening, and the players we need to acquire to fill those roles. Crucially, he doesn’t do this on his own. Look up Omar Berrada if you want to see someone who is very hands on in this process at City.

There are videos of the conversations which go on around this process at City from our recent fly on the wall documentaries if you want to see it happening for yourself.

Crucially Txiki is the Sporting Director - not the Commercial Director. So he identifies the players we need, and sells the Club to them - but he is not solely responsible for negotiating the Financial package with either the player or the selling club.

Clearly none of us know exactly where one role ends and the other begins in this process, but it’s fair to assume from the footage out there (both from City and his time at Barca) and how similar roles work in other organisations that Soriano and Berrada are more involved on this side of the process than Txiki.

So really if you want to lay the blame for the drawn out negotiation process at anyone’s door, you’re probably better building a voodoo doll of Soriano to stick your pins in than Txiki.

He and Pep will tell the board the players they feel will fit for specific gaps in the squad, and it’s up to the commercial leadership to secure the right package for the Club.

And finally - if you haven’t seen anyone criticising Txiki in here, then you’re clearly not reading any of the threads in the Transfer Forum. Which is difficult to believe given how often you post in here.

Txiki bashing is a favourite pass time of the uninformed on this forum, so I can’t help but feel this bit of your post is disingenuous.
Stop being rational, he doesn’t do rational. He wets knickers and throws toys out of his pram.

I guess I was a Txiki basher, but we can't sign everyone and I work in finance and don't lead a world covering team of scouts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.