Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a lot in there, but I guess the best place to start is to say Txiki is not entirely responsible for buying players. That responsibility rightly doesn’t sit with one man, so you can relax on that point.

He’s the Sporting Director - a very common role at most top clubs across Europe if you care to have a look, and he got the role as he was incredibly successful performing the same role at Barca. He was responsible for identifying Pep as the successor to Rijkaard when he was nothing more than a B Team Manager with one season’s experience, and when many on the Barca board wanted a big name replacement.

He also identified (alongside the scouting team) and secured (alongside the commercial Exec team) the non-Masia players who made up the spine of Pep’s historic Barca team.

At City, he performs the same role - responsible for working with our scouting team and Pep to identify key roles in the squad that need strengthening, and the players we need to acquire to fill those roles. Crucially, he doesn’t do this on his own. Look up Omar Berrada if you want to see someone who is very hands on in this process at City.

There are videos of the conversations which go on around this process at City from our recent fly on the wall documentaries if you want to see it happening for yourself.

Crucially Txiki is the Sporting Director - not the Commercial Director. So he identifies the players we need, and sells the Club to them - but he is not solely responsible for negotiating the Financial package with either the player or the selling club.

Clearly none of us know exactly where one role ends and the other begins in this process, but it’s fair to assume from the footage out there (both from City and his time at Barca) and how similar roles work in other organisations that Soriano and Berrada are more involved on this side of the process than Txiki.

So really if you want to lay the blame for the drawn out negotiation process at anyone’s door, you’re probably better building a voodoo doll of Soriano to stick your pins in than Txiki.

He and Pep will tell the board the players they feel will fit for specific gaps in the squad, and it’s up to the commercial leadership to secure the right package for the Club.

And finally - if you haven’t seen anyone criticising Txiki in here, then you’re clearly not reading any of the threads in the Transfer Forum. Which is difficult to believe given how often you post in here.

Txiki bashing is a favourite pass time of the uninformed on this forum, so I can’t help but feel this bit of your post is disingenuous.

We are mere mortals

On Gvardiol I did see a comment saying Laporte should be the back up. No he should not the reason we want Gvardiol is he's a younger faster better Laporte. That's not Laportes fault but injuries have taken its toll on him, he's lost a yard of pace, he still has his amazing passing but he gets caught to often to play that LB/Left centre back role. There's a reason Pep refused to play him there last season and Akanji would play there if Ake wasn't fit.

I think this is the worse comment of the summer and this summer have been the worst since i started on this forum.

Getting lots of replies like this, everything I posted is a fact. Kun left, we fucked up his replacement and had to play without a striker for a season. Pep worked wonders and found a false 9 system that got us through. Not replacing Kompany DID bite us on the arse as we got hit with the injury we couldn't afford to Laporte and were putting square pegs in round holes.

I'd argue aswell he is very lucky Mahrez went on strike to force a move in the Summer as he fucked the Sanchez deal up and pissed Leicester off low balling them in January. We got away with flogging Fernandinho to death the year after he let Chelsea steal Jorginho at the 11th hour after wasting the entire summer negotiating. We haven't had a natural left back since Mendy did his knee.

There's one man who deserves all the credit for our success and his name is PEP GUARDIOLA. Because he's been operating under a handicap in certain positions nearly every season. (Whilst obviously having a great squad with great players still).

I don't understand why I'm not allowed to criticise this fella, whoever it is that is dealing with negotiations whethers its Txiki, Berrada, Soriano or a combination of the three. They are just suits who spend the Sheikhs money in my opinion.

Pep is the only genius this club employs.

Getting lots of replies like this, everything I posted is a fact. Kun left, we fucked up his replacement and had to play without a striker for a season. Pep worked wonders and found a false 9 system that got us through. Not replacing Kompany DID bite us on the arse as we got hit with the injury we couldn't afford to Laporte and were putting square pegs in round holes.

I'd argue aswell he is very lucky Mahrez went on strike to force a move in the Summer as he fucked the Sanchez deal up and pissed Leicester off low balling them in January. We got away with flogging Fernandinho to death the year after he let Chelsea steal Jorginho at the 11th hour after wasting the entire summer negotiating. We haven't had a natural left back since Mendy did his knee.

There's one man who deserves all the credit for our success and his name is PEP GUARDIOLA. Because he's been operating under a handicap in certain positions nearly every season. (Whilst obviously having a great squad with great players still).

I don't understand why I'm not allowed to criticise this fella, whoever it is that is dealing with negotiations whethers its Txiki, Berrada, Soriano or a combination of the three. They are just suits who spend the Sheikhs money in my opinion.

Pep is the only genius this club employs.

You allowed to have an opinion but that doesn't mean your opinion is a fact and everybody should accepting it.

And again you somehow makes this post much worse compared to your last one.

Posting much shite doesn't make your smarter.

Not jut him, apparently Khaldoon, Pep and Soriano do too. Plus most fans that understand Txiki's job and how the whole transfer TEAM work together on tranfers and budgets.
And thats it in a nutshell.Txiki does NOT hold the purse strings to ANY transfer, something that some of these idiots don`t understand no matter how many windows we tell them this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.