Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tolmie's hairdoo has made himself look a bit silly over this whole saga. He’s claimed repeatedly over the last month that ‘it’s done’ ‘packed his bags’ ‘said his goodbyes’. I don’t doubt he has credible sources but they quite clearly don’t have a clue what’s going on with this deal. As for him having a goodbye dinner it’s just laughable. Nobody at City (other than possibly Txiki) would have a clue whether he was having dinner with team mates.
Will you be back to apologise when Josko signs this window

It’s a strange one where people cannot express concern until the end of the transfer window.

The same people calling ones flappers, will also be the same ones saying how well run we are on previous seasons when we identify, buy early and have them in the squad pre season.

This window so far has seen teams improve, Liverpool (our biggest threat) have a lot more quality in CM.

We where clearly in for Bellingham and Rice and have ended up with neither (it happens).

We have lost Gundogan (I like Kovatic and age profile is better, but big boots to fill). Mahrez was an exceptional player, but whilst I don’t think we had much option it leaves us short.

I can see why people feel we need 1 if not 2 more and that’s before anything with Walker/ Silva related. We are also hoping for a significant upturn in form from Phillips, which seems a long way off at present.

The Gvardiol transfer is an upgrade, but if it doesn’t happen and Laporte is happy to do another season then Ake, Dias, Akanji I’m comfortable with and Laporte as back up.

I don’t believe there is a drop off in the club, there will be as much will to win as before. I do believe we are extremely well run and will be making plans. Having Pep, Haaland and KDB is a dream and we won’t want to not make the most.

However even the best plans don’t always work and we could end up coming out of this window in a weaker position.

I believe you stand still in football you go backwards, so being weaker will impact a lot.

It’s not doubting the board and their ability, I am sure they will have made the best decisions they felt right, with the info at the time.

However, I do think there is a lot to do.
Good post . I don’t understand though with the financial might we have and after making money through sales last few seasons we struggle to get deals done because take away minimum fee release clauses and we struggle to get the big deals done . Maybe it’s because we don’t like bidding wars but this is football
Don’t tell me that was meaningless! That was cricket at it’s epic best and we levelled the series, but for the miserable Manchester weather (which I sat thru for 2 days), we’d have won! (Sorry, nothing to do with Josko, I just wanted to add that).
we would have and should have pissed the ashes but for the Manchester weather. Great performance and worthy of the ashes .

our younger fans are far too eager for newer faces/signings to the point you can easily tell it now. They’ll label Txiki a fraud, go after a player after a bad game, fall in love with a player after one good game. Some way to go about it. Fuck me, I thought I was negative to an extent, how can we behave like this after a treble, you’d think we’re going to struggle for top 4 the way some are talking, madness.

@tolmie's hairdoo has made himself look a bit silly over this whole saga. He’s claimed repeatedly over the last month that ‘it’s done’ ‘packed his bags’ ‘said his goodbyes’. I don’t doubt he has credible sources but they quite clearly don’t have a clue what’s going on with this deal. As for him having a goodbye dinner it’s just laughable. Nobody at City (other than possibly Txiki) would have a clue whether he was having dinner with team mates.
Kovacic would possibly know… he’s said they communicate and are good friends.

our younger fans are far too eager for newer faces/signings to the point you can easily tell it now. They’ll label Txiki a fraud, go after a player after a bad game, fall in love with a player after one good game. Some way to go about it. Fuck me, I thought I was negative to an extent, how can we behave like this after a treble, you’d think we’re going to struggle for too 4 the way some are talking, madness.
I don’t let it bother me anymore. It’s the now, now, NOW society that’s been allowed to form. It embarrassing but they’re the type of fans that come with success I’m afraid. I must admit I don’t come on here as much as I used to because of it. Best just leaving them to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.