Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one really knows what's gone on, but it was tweeted as a "done deal" weeks ago at €100m and that is still the same price being stated now.

Feels like Leipzig tried to play dirty to get more money and City dug in until Leipzig came back to the original agreement.

Can't fault anyone in this, it's a more sensible way of conducting business negotiations than throw-more-money-to-get-it-done-in-a-day that the rags seem to favour.

I'm also impressed that Gvardiol stayed quiet throughout this saga without the kind of media tantrums that Mbappe etc would have done. Speaks well of his character, even if City were telling him they'd get the deal done it was never 100% certain.

Maybe just a couple more days of flight tracking and food-related conversations and it will all be over. For me this will always be remembered as the Vim(p)to thread.

Think this may be right Leipzig started to play dirty and someone in the UAE establishment pissed in someone’s ear high up within RB and they in turn had a word at Leipzig. You have to think Red Bull want to keep our owners onside.

No one really knows what's gone on, but it was tweeted as a "done deal" weeks ago at €100m and that is still the same price being stated now.

Feels like Leipzig tried to play dirty to get more money and City dug in until Leipzig came back to the original agreement.

Can't fault anyone in this, it's a more sensible way of conducting business negotiations than throw-more-money-to-get-it-done-in-a-day that the rags seem to favour.

I'm also impressed that Gvardiol stayed quiet throughout this saga without the kind of media tantrums that Mbappe etc would have done. Speaks well of his character, even if City were telling him they'd get the deal done it was never 100% certain.

Maybe just a couple more days of flight tracking and food-related conversations and it will all be over. For me this will always be remembered as the Vim(p)to thread.
What tantrum has Mbappe thrown out?

The only tantrums are from the idiots that gave him a crazy contract and refused 250m from Real!

All ifs and buts of course so maybe like Chelsea buying SWP when City were in actual financial trouble at owner level deals can be done to help each other.

Perhaps a deal had been done between our owner and RBL owner because of their potential FFP problem. Both owners left it to their respective negotiating teams which went dangerously close to a City walk out. Normally we would have done but at owner level a deal had previously been done so RB owners instructed their negotiating team accordingly.

Just a scenario that fits current state of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.