Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
here comes the negative press ;)
Unaware-Metallic-Cougar-size-restricted.gif

Ffs now you’re arguing against your own point. You said he was expensive for a defender as it’s goal creators that cost the most. I point out that he will add goals to us (whilst being an excellent young defender) and you say we don’t need goals.

Glad Pep’s in charge and not you.
We don't need our defenders to really do that (although we still want them to be comfortable on the ball) and we do have better attacking players who can provide. Creativity isn't the problem. As always clinical finishing is.In Gvardiol's case he would of been even more expensive if we didn't buy him this season, so fair enough we managed to knock RB Leipzig down. On the other hand I don't think we would of regretted not buying him as we would of done if we missed out on Haaland or De Bruyne.

Last edited:
Sorry just as a follow-up to my earlier reply with a bit of background.

Liepzig took Angelino on loan with an option to buy for an agreed figure. That summer, they claimed they didn't have the finances to complete the deal. Other clubs like Barcelona, Feyenoord etc sniffed around and hinted they were prepared to pay the asking price. The player had said he'd settled at Liepzig and would prefer to stay there. So our club sold him to Leipzig for less than the agreed fee. There were a few here that were raging at the time, and arguements we were soft and should have stuck to it, or sold him elsewhere etc. I remember making the point at the time that long term, it wasn't the worst thing to build up a bit of goodwill, with a club known for finding and nurturing top talent.
it’s possible you were right then :)

Sure, but all it suggested was they stepped in to help finalise the deal. The rest is colouring in, imo. Might be true btw, but it is guesswork.
sure, i didn’t say it’s a fact.

He had a superb debut against Chelsea and looked the business, sadly that was the highlight of his career with us.
Yeah I remember him bullying Diego Costa, which wasn't an easy thing to do, i think him and Vinnie that day took turns with him.
Shame that he couldn't sustain that performance for the whole season.

Yeah I remember him bullying Diego Costa, which wasn't an easy thing to do, i think him and Vinnie that day took turns with him.
Shame that he couldn't sustain that performance for the whole season.
He's the type of defender that needed that physical centre forward to play against, He could basically do a job on most strikers that wanted a battle.

It was the strikers with low centre of gravity and movement along with wide players that made inside runs that he struggled with unfortunately.

That game against Chelsea it looked like we found a gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.