Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus mate - of all the stuff to get rattled about, us giving them a friendly to help get the price down really is a strange one!

Relax - we’ve just signed an exceptional young player for a decent enough fee. This is good news!

I’d imagine we want to avoid the ‘most expensive’ tag as much for the player as for anyone. It puts unnecessary pressure on some players, and can be a weight around their neck.

We want to give Gvardiol the best conditions to succeed, and him not having ‘worlds most expensive defender’ on his back at 21 years of age has removed a potential issue for us and the player.

Our club is the best run in the world right now - both on and off the pitch.

Just won the Treble. Top of the Deloitte money league for the second year running. Our Net Spend is exceptional given our incredible success on the pitch.

The way we conduct and manage our player acquisition is the envy of football.

Worrying about the role of a friendly in a complex negotiation seems like you’re determinedly trying to find fault where very little exists.
No wonder he pissed off last time with his tail between his legs. He sets himself up every time and then wonders why he gets pelters from all and sundry on here.
The guys never wrong in his opinion.
Case of deja vu on the horizon.

It is speculation that anyone 'went over anyone's head' and that they would have involved the brand etc.
the mintzlaff thing is gaughan’s info from yesterday. the rest is a combination of me being a sir arthur conan doyle fan and avoiding handling some extremely boring work emails. :D

I doubt that City did anything beyond the usual negotiations with a club. With all the accusations of cheating I doubt that we'd risk anything being misconstrued even if it meant paying a few million more for a player or even losing out on a player.

Journalists just make shit up and people are only dying to believe what they want to hear. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.