Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s only 21 - he should be judged on his raw attributes as a defender and his leadership qualities at such a young age. The rest will be moulded. Hes got 2-3 years before he becomes what Dias was when we signed him, and that hasn’t turned out badly at all.

Not being negative but it’s terms agreed with player but other clubs could have agreed those terms as well and then it’s down to negotiating a fee with his club along with any other interested parties..
Well lets hope in Aug there isn't a Gvardiol nearly joined but the deal fell through at last minute thread.

I’m not against it at all but where does he fit in? Stones and Dias don’t deserve to be broken up (neither should be dropped) while you then have Akanji and Ake (who again, neither deserve to be dropped) as back-ups and both can play left back too.

He can’t exactly be comfortable being a direct replacement for Laporte considering how sparingly he’s been used this season.

That’s assuming Laporte leaves. Which seems likely but so has Bernardo for the past 2 years.

I’m not against it at all but where does he fit in? Stones and Dias don’t deserve to be broken up (neither should be dropped) while you then have Akanji and Ake (who again, neither deserve to be dropped) as back-ups and both can play left back too.

He can’t exactly be comfortable being a direct replacement for Laporte considering how sparingly he’s been used this season.

That’s assuming Laporte leaves. Which seems likely but so has Bernardo for the past 2 years.

Gvardiol/Ake - Dias/Stones - Walker/Akanji

would be my guess intitally, with Lewis/Stones or Gvardiol inverting to the 3-2 with Rodri etc depending on the game/lineup

Injuries to Stones, Aké & Laporté have cost us dearly over the last few season. This is why Akanji has been my signing of the season.

When injuries have struck, Akanji's slipped in seamlessly & been used right across the back-line & impressed in every position.

Unfortunately, Laporté seems to be the player to miss out when everyone's fit an available. It is what it is. I'd rather have a Laporté problem, than the no CB's available issues we've had previously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.