Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I was under the impression his contract will still have been running down in the background. Innocent or not, there’s no way he’d get into this side anyway based purely on talent.
Exactly. His career was done because of his knees before all this happened.

Well I believe that’s what’s happened anyway.

I know. Just stating we terminated when charged but with recent events he may end up 'not guilty' and therefore shouldn't have had it terminated in his eyes. We haven't done anything wrong, just need to distance ourselves from him.
it was technically frozen, the funds are spoken for in a separate account etc He could make a case for them i suspect if not found guilty of anything so could the club. He'll prob settle after the case

it was technically frozen, the funds are spoken for in a separate account etc He could make a case for them i suspect if not found guilty of anything so could the club. He'll prob settle after the case
I beieve that is the case: his salary would have been stopped but his contract has remained in place, well at least it will until this summer when it expires.

I beieve that is the case: his salary would have been stopped but his contract has remained in place, well at least it will until this summer when it expires.

Certainly when he was on remand he was unable to fulfil his contractual obligations - I.e. he couldn’t attend training so I guess his contract was ‘frustrated. Given it’s a fixed term contract we probably have left it running and not paid him. I’m guessing if Mendy is fully acquitted he will seek compensation from the Crown for the financial impact he has experienced from their charges.

Thats it Laporte and Gomez out, Gvardiol in.

Walker/Lewis/Ake/Gvardiol/Dias/Stones/Akanji. 7 defenders, minutes for everyone.
If injuries occur, sure. We had 8 defenders this season and 2.5 barely played (i.e Laporte, Gomez and Walker/Lewis) With Walker and Lewis being favored at one time or the other while the other got little time. Not to mention Cancelo who left halfway through for having similar game time issues.

Without injury we can manage 5-6. With injury, maybe 7. But let's not pretend there will be enough game time if everyone stays healthy. The present season disagrees with that belief.

Perhaps bring everyone in and let competition decide who the constant 6 will be. And t er those who lose our consider other options at the end of the season.

Surprised you see it that way mate but I'd much rather keep Stones as a fluid 6 who moves between those positions. He's been brilliant at it and it's the movement that makes our buildup so hard for defend against. Stick a regular 6 in there and it becomes a static 3223 and I don't think that's an improvement.
Typed a long response but I lost it now. Probably for the best.

Short form, I see an opportunity for greater efficiency and effectiveness with a more talented DM type with an eye for a forward pass to Grealish, Kev, Alvarez and especially Haaland.

Stones as good as he is doesn't have that eye. And a rewatch of the 2 Semis against Real Madrid showed lots of that.

Stones is great for a defender playing DM. But I'd rather have the inverse. A great AM/CM who is good for a defender. Rodri is one version. I'd like a more energetic version like Ugarte or Kimich ( who by the way played CB under Pep donkey years ago.).

Tactically it's the same role, just that when in possession we'll have a player with better vision.

I think because then we wouldn’t be defending with a back 4 and we wouldn’t be able to shut down opponents’ wingers as easily. Our wide centre backs would be getting dragged out wide all the time, so our other two centre backs have to shuffle over, which then leaves us wide open for a switch to the other side. Having a player in a hybrid role gives us the best of both, still defending with a solid back 4, whilst still having the box midfield in possession.
I think you view this from the player's natural position. I view it differently. Tactically there will be no difference in how we play. Just how the individual player chooses to play it.

So whatever we do tactically, is what we'd continue to do with the only difference being the different qualities the player brings. On the ball Kimich or Ugarte will see better passes as they are better forward passers. Of the ball they won't be as great in the air on long balls and perhaps slightly inferior at tackling.

But I expect the possession and the intensity of the press ( especially if it's Ugarte) to make up for the losss in individual ability to defend.

I think you view this from the player's natural position. I view it differently. Tactically there will be no difference in how we play. Just how the individual player chooses to play it.

So whatever we do tactically, is what we'd continue to do with the only difference being the different qualities the player brings. On the ball Kimich or Ugarte will see better passes as they are better forward passers. Of the ball they won't be as great in the air on long balls and perhaps slightly inferior at tackling.

But I expect the possession and the intensity of the press ( especially if it's Ugarte) to make up for the losss in individual ability to defend.
This all sounds interesting, and I like the sound of it, but Kimmich is a long shot, and we are not in for Ugarte :/.

Typed a long response but I lost it now. Probably for the best.

Short form, I see an opportunity for greater efficiency and effectiveness with a more talented DM type with an eye for a forward pass to Grealish, Kev, Alvarez and especially Haaland.

Stones as good as he is doesn't have that eye. And a rewatch of the 2 Semis against Real Madrid showed lots of that.

Stones is great for a defender playing DM. But I'd rather have the inverse. A great AM/CM who is good for a defender. Rodri is one version. I'd like a more energetic version like Ugarte or Kimich ( who by the way played CB under Pep donkey years ago.).

Tactically it's the same role, just that when in possession we'll have a player with better vision.
Wasn't Phillips supposed to be that man, has a great range... But pep doesn't seem to trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.