Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it, definitely not in the current hybrid system, Dias's strength isn't defending out wide.
he plays in the middle of a three, or right of a four most of the time nowadays. The Dias/Stones partnership is rarely seen much anymore. Cant see THB getting a much gametime over any of the lads right now even if we lost Laporte and got no one.

I like him but I don't see how we get him. I know Laporte is leaving. But that's coz we had 5 CBs. Laporte leaving leaves us with 4.

I'd rather get a proper 6 like Ugarte or Kimich taking over the John Stones role and Stones returning to playing CB.

It's overcrowded at Centerback as is.
I think because then we wouldn’t be defending with a back 4 and we wouldn’t be able to shut down opponents’ wingers as easily. Our wide centre backs would be getting dragged out wide all the time, so our other two centre backs have to shuffle over, which then leaves us wide open for a switch to the other side. Having a player in a hybrid role gives us the best of both, still defending with a solid back 4, whilst still having the box midfield in possession.

With TH expecting Gomez to leave and I reckon Laporte is off, we could well pay for this lad with just them to transfers and a few million quid. Excellent business.
Gvardiol and Aké rotation on the left cb position. Akanji, Walker, Stones and Dias for the central/right sided role in the central defense. Question is, is Gomez goes, they should just keep McAtee for the extra boddies in midfield, as City probably won't play a classic 4 atb without Gvardiol* or Aké being the leftback.

Gvardiol and Aké rotation on the left cb position. Akanji, Walker, Stones and Dias for the central/right sided role in the central defense. Question is, is Gomez goes, they should just keep McAtee for the extra boddies in midfield, as City probably won't play a classic 4 atb without Gvardiol* or Aké being the leftback.
Lewis is comfortable playing multiple positions. 7 defenders is perfect for us.

Lewis is comfortable playing multiple positions. 7 defenders is perfect for us.
Totally depends on if Pep wants to keep this current system for next season. The current system works with Stones, Dias, Ake, Akanji, Walker and Rico, PLUS Gvardiol. Sure. Gotta bag him quick tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.