Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it’s because we dont really see CB as an issue.

Sort of like for like. It’s more of a necessity signing as one of the current crop wants out.

We all rate Stones, Ake, Dias, Laporte and Akanji so a new CB, as good and exciting as Gvardiol is, doesn’t excite as a new player in another position would.
this is my feeling too. With Stones, Ake, Akanji, and Dias in there, i dont really think a CB is a burning requirement, let alone one valued at £100m.

this is my feeling too. With Stones, Ake, Akanji, and Dias in there, i dont really think a CB is a burning requirement, let alone one valued at £100m.

In a rigid formation with conventional defined roles, yea arguably. In the way Pep plays, and with only 1 senior FB in the team, that's 5 senior players for four positions, assuming laporte leaves. One of which gets used in midfield now.

They'll know why they want the player and his price, if they do really go for it.

I think finances could also be one of the club's considerations. His release clause is 100m next year, so waiting doesn't get anything really, might as well get him in now when there is prize money and a decent budget feom outgoings, last season's and this.

Pay it. The guys going to be the best Cb in the world. He's ridiculous for his age. 21 years of age, plays Cb but has the skills and passing of a creative midfielder, has the dribbling ability of winger as well
Not sure he'll become the best CD in the world. But it looks Certain he'll be a top team capable defender for a decade. That alone is worth it.

He’s the best young centre back in the world, he fits in with this hybrid back 3 immensely. This would be a world class signing, is fluid and can play in a few positions, left footed, I for one am extremely excited and hoping we get him.

He’s the best young centre back in the world, he fits in with this hybrid back 3 immensely. This would be a world class signing, is fluid and can play in a few positions, left footed, I for one am extremely excited and hoping we get him.
Saliba?

The more I think about it the more signing a player like this is giving me a hard on. We've just won the treble with a solid defence and then we sign this guy. With haaland up top and the addition of a few more wel be beating teams in the tunnel next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.