Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was initially nonplussed by the links to Gvardiol, with our plethora of CB’s and then I was indifferent, but now it excites me… I haven’t been wowed when I’ve watched him, but that has mostly been against us, and you have to take that into account. I know a lot of people far more knowledgeable than I am, tell me he’s a generational talent. With the shift in tactics, with his positional flexibility, the fact he’s left footed and the fact that many talk so glowingly about him (and Laporte and possibly Walker leaving)… I think he’s now a key signing. It’s all a bit quiet (for someone not on social media) and happening in the background and so in many ways, a typical signing. I’m excited by this one and I hope it happens soon.
Also I liked the quote someone posted earlier in the thread, from a United fan, how on the back of a treble… city are going after the best young defender on the planet, whilst United were in talks with Pickford! That is just poetry! (Kun/Jones akin)

Talented and versatile player. Never a bad thing to add to the squad.

I hope he isn't scarred from what Haaland did to him last time around, he'll have to face him everyday on the training ground if this comes off

Erm, 'pool'?
Somehow I can't stomach having players who are Dipper fans. Grealish and Sterling who played for them are United fans but I can begrudgingly accept that but being a fan of those Scouse bastards? Just makes me sick.

Talented and versatile player. Never a bad thing to add to the squad.

I hope he isn't scarred from what Haaland did to him last time around, he'll have to face him everyday on the training ground if this comes off
And THAT will improve them both immeasurably! ;-)

It feels like Pep sees him covering about 3 positions so, especially at his age and the length of contract they will hope to tie him to, he could be “only” a £15-20M annual FFP offset while being considered by most onlookers as a generational international defensive talent.

That sounds like a good player personnel move AND a good business move.

Somehow I can't stomach having players who are Dipper fans. Grealish and Sterling who played for them are United fans but I can begrudgingly accept that but being a fan of those Scouse bastards? Just makes me sick.

Grealish `s junior team was Highgate United. He supported Aston Villa as a kid and would imagine still does. Couldn`t careless who Raheem Sterling supported as a kid so not looked.

But lots of kids are drawn by success. That being the case I think we`ll have millions of up and coming City fan worldwide.

Kev was a Liverpool fan as a kid and I think it’s safe to say he’s done a good job for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.