Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
really hope we finalise this quick. Immense signing. Would have cost even more if not for the Messi moment at the World Cup.

We would have a terribly slow backline .
The best defenders don't need pace as the first few yards are in their head. None of our CB's are particularly quick but they rarely get caught out because their reading of the game is so good.

Agree with a previous poster that we won't replace Walker and we'll slowly move away from playing orthodox fullbacks.

I was initially nonplussed by the links to Gvardiol, with our plethora of CB’s and then I was indifferent, but now it excites me… I haven’t been wowed when I’ve watched him, but that has mostly been against us, and you have to take that into account. I know a lot of people far more knowledgeable than I am, tell me he’s a generational talent. With the shift in tactics, with his positional flexibility, the fact he’s left footed and the fact that many talk so glowingly about him (and Laporte and possibly Walker leaving)… I think he’s now a key signing. It’s all a bit quiet (for someone not on social media) and happening in the background and so in many ways, a typical signing. I’m excited by this one and I hope it happens soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.