Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of useless statistics there, he plays in Germany who are renound for passing out of defense, it is a shit league with hardly a good striker in it, he is a good player at one of the best teams in Germany, but is he as good as the five we have no. Will we have to replace the five we have at some point yes, who else has gone in for him,he is only worth £100 million if City pay it, Alphoso Davis is one of the best left backs in the world, Madrid have said that they will pay £100 million next season for Davis, as they collect generational talents , meanwhile we have five first choice center backs and no first choice left backs. But Gvardiol stats in the league are, passes 2155 1927 completed, 89% not bad,tackles36 successful 23 64% not bad, goal 1 assists 0 again not bad.
I would buy what we need this season and see what the future brings.
A shit league it may be in your eyes, but it’s where Ortega and Akanji came from and they’ve done alright. Gundogan, KDB, Haaland and Sane all came from this shit league too, where you could say there’s very few good defenders. Bundesliga is also better than Portugal, where Ederson and Dias came from.

So what if they’re renowned for playing out of the back, that’s exactly what we want in our players. I showed in my last post, Gvardiol is beyond exceptional at it, at just 21. It’s not just for Leipzig either, but Croatia too.

How do you know he’s not as good as any of our CBs either? He’s playing in a team no way near as good as ours. His performances this season have been incredible, for both Leipzig and Croatia.

Davis is a great wing back yes, but we don’t play traditional wing backs on both sides. We haven’t since Pep arrived, from his very first game. Last season we won the treble basically playing 3 centre backs with Stones moving into midfield and then back in defence, when we were defending. With Ake or Akanji playing centre back then left back when defending. Davis doesn’t fit that bill, but Gvardiol does.

Even with Cancelo, he played inverted most of the time, Zinchenko too, Delph too. But now that inverted role sits with Stones, which means we need a CB to cover. When he plays like that we need 3 deeper players to cover. So that’s why we have 5 CBs currently in the squad.

Davis doesn’t want to play left back anymore either, he wants to play left wing. He was bought in as Robens replacement and he only went to left back because Alaba got injured and he performed well there. So if we signed him, it would be for a future left winger, not a left back. Unless Davis can play as an inverted left back, but he doesn’t do that for Bayern. Whereas Gvardiol can play in the midfield, and could be a future DM or 8. I think Pep prefers the midfields to typical wingers.

He’s just as much of a generational talent, as any of the generational Madrid players too.

This guy sums it up pretty well, thus was made a year ago too, he’s developed somewhat since then.

Last edited:
Lukeba seems too expensive, now they try to sign Sutalo from Zagreb.
Really seems they want to get players in first, but I'd say it looks good.
If the FFP 30 June cut is still on the cards Leipzig team will have to speed up a bit...
The FFP thing was apparently BS

A shit league it may be in your eyes, but it’s where Ortega and Akanji came from and they’ve done alright. Gundogan, KDB, Haaland and Sane all came from this shit league too, where you could say there’s very few good defenders. Bundesliga is also better than Portugal, where Ederson and Dias came from.

So what if they’re renowned for playing out of the back, that’s exactly what we want in our players. I showed in my last post, Gvardiol is beyond exceptional at it, at just 21. It’s not just for Leipzig either, but Croatia too.

How do you know he’s not as good as any of our CBs either? He’s playing in a team no way near as good as ours. His performances this season have been incredible, for both Leipzig and Croatia.

Davis is a great wing back yes, but we don’t play traditional wing backs on both sides. We haven’t since Pep arrived, from his very first game. Last season we won the treble basically playing 3 centre backs with Stones moving into midfield and then back in defence, when we were defending. With Ake or Akanji playing centre back then left back when defending. Davis doesn’t fit that bill, but Gvardiol does.

Even with Cancelo, he played inverted most of the time, Zinchenko too, Delph too. But now that inverted role sits with Stones, which means we need a CB to cover. When he plays like that we need 3 deeper players to cover. So that’s why we have 5 CBs currently in the squad.

Davis doesn’t want to play left back anymore either, he wants to play left wing. He was bought in as Robens replacement and he only went to left back because Alaba got injured and he performed well there. So if we signed him, it would be for a future left winger, not a left back. Unless Davis can play as an inverted left back, but he doesn’t do that for Bayern. Whereas Gvardiol can play in the midfield, and could be a future DM or 8. I think Pep prefers the midfields to typical wingers.

He’s just as much of a generational talent, as any of the generational Madrid players too.

This guy sums it up pretty well, thus was made a year ago too, he’s developed somewhat since then.

The Germany way of playing out from the back is institutionalized the attack play thier part as well, that does not happen in England, he is playing in a team no where near as good as ours, so should be the best player then, if he stands out?, not currently 11th. Davis does not want to play LB and since we have no LW there is no reason to believe Davis could not do the job Mendy was bought for. I can see you believe he is exceptional and part of that is because he is young, but Varane had even more going for himself at that age, i just believe we will sign him, and then he will have to prove his worth, because while i have watched him regulaly i have not been impressed.

The Germany way of playing out from the back is institutionalized the attack play thier part as well, that does not happen in England, he is playing in a team no where near as good as ours, so should be the best player then, if he stands out?, not currently 11th. Davis does not want to play LB and since we have no LW there is no reason to believe Davis could not do the job Mendy was bought for. I can see you believe he is exceptional and part of that is because he is young, but Varane had even more going for himself at that age, i just believe we will sign him, and then he will have to prove his worth, because while i have watched him regulaly i have not been impressed.

You’ve watched him regularly? I take it you didn’t watch him beast in the World Cup then?

Any new signing has to prove their worth, they’re all a risk.

What’s Varane got to do with it? The guy was part of team that won three CL medals in a row. It’s nothing to with age, I think Gvardiol would already make us better.

Re Davis - Mendy was bought 7 seasons ago, times have changed. We have a different system, we don’t play with typical wingers or wing backs anymore. I do like Davis, but I’m not sure he fits in with what we want now. Bayern wouldn’t sell him anyway and especially not to us. They don’t sell high performing players, unless the player requests to go to Real Madrid, that’s it. We’re best off getting our players from clubs who don’t think they’re bigger than us.

I think it's because Gvardiol is an Haaland / Mbappe class but as a defender. He's not stopped improving since joining Leipzig. He continues to improve get better rapidly. At 21 his maturity as centre back is that of a veteran. His passing has improved every season. His ability on the ball, tackling , 1v1 defending he just doesn't stop improving. His passing is like a creative midfielder.

When we got linked over Christmas, I decided to watch him more and he really does remind me of Dias. But a combination of Laportes passing and creative ability and Dias aggression tackling and leadership.

Its scary how good he could become. Watched a few little documentary about him and he's played as a striker, midfielder, DM, Left back and winger through his youth teams. His coaches said he was brilliant at all positions but was incredible at CB
Tell the truth, is it Dias you see or Otamendi?

I see a left footed Otamendi with ball skills. Since I loved Otamendi, I'm good with it.

Dias is also a bit like Mon Generalissimo. But this kid is more like him. Albeit faster and more skillful.

Forget when we played them, as a team we were incredible. We destroyed Leipzig, Bayern and Madrid at home, Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal too. That doesn’t mean their players are just ok, it means we were off the charts in those games.

His defensive abilities are excellent, which is why he was in the World Cup team of the tournament. He’s similar to Ruben Dias, in that he reads the game really well, but he is aggressive and strong in the tackle. However his ability as a football player going forward, as a centre back, is exceptional.

He combines qualities that we don’t usually see go together as a centre back. Such is so he was in the 84th percentile for shot creating actions amongst all footballers in Europe. Higher than any of our defenders, and in fact, higher than Rodri, Gundogan and Bernardo.

When he wins the ball back, in an instant he looks to attack, their is no stop gap between defending and attacking.

He will win the ball and run out of the defence and cut a team to pieces, very unusual for a centre back. Often dangerous, but he had more successful carries forward, than anyone in our team last season, apart from Grealish. He was in the 96th percentile of all players in Europe for successful take ons.

He also sits in the 84th percentile for progressive passes forward. In the company of more forward players like Thiago at Liverpool or Julien Brandt at Dortmund.

The sophistication and weight of his range of passing is absolutely elite. He completed more medium-long range passes than everyone in our team, apart from Rodri. His mid range pass completion was also at a staggering 95%.

Overall he’s super cool on the ball, almost effortless. Only Rodri and Dias completed more successful passes than him last season. But Dias only had 8 more, so they were virtually on par with each other. These figures were in the 99th percentile out of all players in Europe. City were second in Europe for passes completed, whilst RB Leipzig were 20th. Which makes Gvardiols figures even more impressive.

At just 21 years of age, he’s a generational talent, who has the ability to be not only the best defender in the world, but also one of the best overall players in the world.

That’s why he’s worth £100m.
He is not worth 100 million in my opinion. But then again I have my own valuation matrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.