Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got to be decent, but I don't quite know what his best position is or if Arsenal even play anyone in the position. Prefer Odegaard as a creative player.

Yeah it's a fair point that he can seem a bit of an in between. Not quite an 8, not quite a 10, not really a 9. I think he he'd be best as an 8. He's been criminally underused/misused by Chelsea because their recruitment strategy wasn't very ... well, strategic I suppose is what I'm trying to say. Him, Mount, Kovacic all want to be in that spot.

Played as a CB even more, or so it seems.
They are also about to sign another CB, Josip Šutalo.

I reckon Gvardiol is a done deal.
I saw they were also readying a bid for Costello Lukeba who plays for Lyon. He’s a left sided centreback / fullback

I agree with you that it’s looking promising

What’s yours?

Yeah I meant Euros, so about £86M
Here is how I stated it on another thread talking about Declan Rice:

"I don't think he is worth 100 million, but then again my bias towards attacking minded players means I don't think any defensive minded player, including Rodri or Peak Busquet is worth 100 million.

But my valuation matrix is different. Clearly City Management has a different valuation than I do. Because they clearly thought Rice was worth something around 90 million or more. That's about 50 million over my valuation.

But like they say, a player is worth what someone is willing to pay. Regardless of what my personal dumb opinion is on how valuation should be viewed.

But here is mine:

Established WC attacking player at top club : 100 million or above is okay.

Established WC attacking potential player at Midtable Club: 40 - 75 Mill is max

Established WC defensive players at Top clubs:
50 - 75 mil

Potential WC defensive players at Midtable or foreign club: 25 - 60 Million.

Good Role players: 10 - 40 mill

By my valuation system, you can see we are already overpaying for Gvardiol.

And that's why I don't take my view on valuation seriously. I have to simply accept that Clubs value players differently. And it isn't my place to judge that value. Just to be happy when my club agrees with my valuation and bow out when necessary."

In short, I probably think he is worth about 75 - 80 million Euros tops

Attachments

• 1688063226858.gif
    1688063226858.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 35
  • 1688063226889.gif
    1688063226889.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 35
  • 1688063226921.gif
    1688063226921.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 34
I saw they were also readying a bid for Costello Lukeba who plays for Lyon. He’s a left sided centreback / fullback

I agree with you that it’s looking promising
That's 3 defenders they are signing, then. Combine that with little clues such as Gvardiol giving our Instagram account a follow about a week ago and liking our posts, and it seems he is as good as done :).

Weve had the Brazilians we've had the argentinas and Portuguese now it look like we want the Croatians lol, i hope we get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.