Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
A back 3 of Gvardiol-Dias-Walker would be extremely tough to get behind.

If we have sales... then perhaps it makes sense.

I also think it is an option to get Cancelo on the right if Gvardiol plays LB because currently we are forced to have Cancelo left and Walker right and ALWAYS tilt left to make the back 3.

Could have Gvardiol left and Cancelo right and tilt right now, perhaps also giving our young RB Rico Lewis a chance to go up and down that flank.

Kind of makes sense, to just say Ake and Gvardiol, your the leftbacks now, we always tilt right. For example:

Ake/Gvardiol
Dias/Stones/Akanji/Walker (2 of these)
Cancelo/Lewis ---> tilt right for back 3 of:

Ake/Gvardiol/Dias/Stones/Akanji/Walker

Even with Laporte gone, I think you probably need 1 more CB to leave, that's still 6 in 3 spots. I'd prefer not to lose 2 left-footed CBs (Laporte and Ake), I also rate Ake quite highly.

but if say Ake and Laporte went then Gvardiol comes in and Ruben also looks better on the left than the right side?

We are fine with the defenders we have. We need a fullback and a CM to replace Gundogan. A cheap option would be Amrabat (can also cover in DM for Rodri or Philips) but ideally I would prefer Bellingham.

Personally, I think we have too many defenders, normally I would prefer if we get rid of 2 defenders but that might be too drastic nevertheless we need to get one out the door. Rodri was a great CB in the world cup, so that gives us another option at the back.

We are completely stacked in that department. We don't need more defenders.
Exactly

Do we need 5 centre backs? 4 is plenty we could easily sell Laporte and dias bring back Belis from Burnley buy this guy and we have Ake Akanji and stones..

All fantasy though its just chat

Do we need 5 centre backs? 4 is plenty we could easily sell Laporte and dias bring back Belis from Burnley buy this guy and we have Ake Akanji and stones..

All fantasy though its just chat

I suspect he'd play LB mostly.

Could be we lose one of our CB's this summer as well.

If Ake or Laporte go we'd have no other left footed options, so he could play there as well.

We are fine with the defenders we have. We need a fullback and a CM to replace Gundogan. A cheap option would be Amrabat (can also cover in DM for Rodri or Philips) but ideally I would prefer Bellingham.

Personally, I think we have too many defenders, normally I would prefer if we get rid of 2 defenders but that might be too drastic nevertheless we need to get one out the door. Rodri was a great CB in the world cup, so that gives us another option at the back.

We are completely stacked in that department. We don't need more defenders.
cheers pep ;)

As i posted earlier Pep will play him primarily as a Left Back ALL DAY LONG. We are weak defensively i think massively down that side Zinners or not. Cancelo will battle with aging Kyle for rb and proberly seen more in midfield too.

Could be as big/ as important a signing as Erling

Is this true, as in have you heard directly from Pep, or is it your opinion (which may or may not be correct) and you forgot the IMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.