Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck he`s gonna be amazing isnt he???
Yep. I love Ake; sticking around last summer and following up with a season of consistently brilliant performances deserves high praise.

But this lad is different level. In fact, I'd argue, in terms of potential, he's different level to all of our other defenders. He has all the tools to become the best in the world in his position.

Please just get this announced so I can rest easy!

See my above post… One game does not make it his roll. Pep loves to set players a playing zone to stay in, he’s admitted it and many a players has mentioned it over the years, most notably Henry.
Understand what you’re saying but I just feel Pep is evolving and so are we, he wants ball carrying CB’s to take the fight to teams with the extra insurance of playing four, see John’s Heat map in Madrid as a perfect example of this

Attachments

• IMG_5173.jpeg
    IMG_5173.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 38
See my above post… One game does not make it his roll. Pep loves to set players a playing zone to stay in, he’s admitted it and many a players has mentioned it over the years, most notably Henry.
Stop being so negative. Let’s see shall we, who knows what he can achieve if we all get behind him and give him a chance eh?

Understand what you’re saying but I just feel Pep is evolving and so are we, he wants ball carrying CB’s to take the fight to teams with the extra insurance of playing four, see John’s Heat map in Madrid as a perfect example of this
Hope you’re right.

Thats right, I’m sure this boy can do the same role and who knows maybe even better.

Only in a set zone, Gvardiol moves all over the pitch and Pep won’t have that. I’m sure he’ll be outstanding but players will have to adapt to a different style at City than they play currently no matter who we buy. Our players have a designated job and tend to stick to it in the main, it’s why we sometimes see players running forward then just stop or cut inside. It’s not a negative, I was just pointing out he’ll not get the same freedom at City.

I think it was a large part of Jack's problem in his first season. By comparison with what he was allowed — indeed invited — to do at Villa, i.e. everything, he couldn't get his head around what Pep wanted, and was intimidated by it. But of course at Villa he was Mr Big. At City he's merely one very good player surrounded by them. He's come on since then…

Stop being so negative. Let’s see shall we, who knows what he can achieve if we all get behind him and give him a chance eh?
How have I been negative? I even said “that’s not a negative” lol. I also said he’s a fantastic player, my point was (if you’d bothered to read it) he’ll not get the free run that he currently gets. I’ve no doubt he’ll be outstanding and under Pep will only improve, but he’ll mature quickly and we’ll see a much more controlled approach in his game. If that’s negative then so be it. As with any player we have signed in my 45 years of following us home and away, they’ll have my support from the off.

I think it was a large part of Jack's problem in his first season. By comparison with what he was allowed — indeed invited — to do at Villa, i.e. everything, he couldn't get his head around what Pep wanted, and was intimidated by it. But of course at Villa he was Mr Big. At City he's merely one very good player surrounded by them. He's come on since then…
Perfect example and exactly my point. I’m sure this will be a fantastic signing but fans need to realise his game will change from that seen in YouTube videos, but for the better long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.