Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not flapping as still a long way to go in the transfer window but I always like getting targets in and a preseason if possible under their belts,just hope we do bring in a few more as you always need to strengthen instead of standing still especially after the fantastic season we have had,I know we like to barter and won’t get involved in bidding wars but maybe this season we should just get the targets in regardless even if it’s paying slightly more than we anticipated..

I'm sure Pep wants the targets in early as well - was well reported he wanted Kovacic, Gvardiol and Rice in and in for pre-season. I'm sure Txiki will get it done but I don't get why the money men are being so stringent. We will get pilloried no matter what we spend. We get accused of dodginess when other clubs buy our academy players. Fuck it

I'm sure Pep wants the targets in early as well - was well reported he wanted Kovacic, Gvardiol and Rice in and in for pre-season. I'm sure Txiki will get it done but I don't get why the money men are being so stringent. We will get pilloried no matter what we spend. We get accused of dodginess when other clubs buy our academy players. Fuck it
And arsenal spending close to £200 mill while we survey the market closely and come close of play ( transfer window ) we will still be accused of spending obscene amounts of money,it’s perfect for other teams and deliberate as well as it deflects from their spending..

Rice stung abit imo as I genuinely think he could have been amazing under Pep but not getting Josko would hurt more!

Think this transfer is nowhere being done atm as we once again seen to be haggling over loose change when in the end we will have to pay up or we will not get him . Red bull don’t need to sell abc can hang on for what they want or Even put the price up .
Especially with the money we're generating from our academy and how much we earned last season. Just get it done. He's the best young defender in the world, if we pay overs then so be it.

Should have just threw them 150m for him and Szoboszlai and wrapped it up a week ago.
Every deal we make affects our later windows in the next 5 years, which is probably why we are being very astute witu our deals lately. We know we will have to spend big to get a replacement for KDB. I trust the Club 100%, we aren't a club who makes mistakes in the Transfer Market, hence our success on the pitch.

Why are we so careful with money when the likes of Chelsea and Real just pay what they need to get a player they want?

I understand not overpaying for average/poor players like the rags do, but if someone is clearly our main target and a quality player why insist on trying to save £5m-£10m out of about £90m?! Look how much revenue we make yet poorer clubs than us just pay what it takes.
Because sensible business is knowing what you want and having a specific value you are willing to pay. You say it's only 5-10m pit of 90m,but why not then 100? It's only 10 more. Or £110?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.