Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so negative at the moment? I think we need to remember we know shit all about the behind the scenes stuff all we see are twitter rumours and no nothing journalists who none of us would take a blind bit of notice of any other time of year. Txiki could be bending over backwards to get him signed but Leipzig are messing around or maybe everything is cordial and its minor details need sorting but people seem to be making up narratives in their own heads and now believe they are true.

I can understand why we are being conservative to be fair. We have a price and we stick to it.

I do think eventually we will get the deal done, but will roll on for easily another 3-4 weeks.

The player wants to come, Leipzig have conceded that a deal can be done, it's just a case of coming to an agreement.

Let's just work on other deals in the progress in other positions. Another winger would be nice.

We could be waiting for Laporte to move on, they could be waiting to sign replacements. Any number of things could be holding this up, none of which are to do with the fact Txiki is supposedly shit at transfers.

We could be waiting for Laporte to move on, they could be waiting to sign replacements. Any number of things could be holding this up, none of which are to do with the fact Txiki is supposedly shit at transfers.
Since Txiki is shit at transfers, perhaps we should talk to that guy Woodward. He had a stellar reputation with a club just outside of town, I think they were called yewsomething.

Why is everyone so negative at the moment? I think we need to remember we know shit all about the behind the scenes stuff all we see are twitter rumours and no nothing journalists who none of us would take a blind bit of notice of any other time of year. Txiki could be bending over backwards to get him signed but Leipzig are messing around or maybe everything is cordial and its minor details need sorting but people seem to be making up narratives in their own heads and now believe they are true.

When Soriano comes out in public stating City will make £700mill in revenues, break a club record, and be the No1 football club in the world financially, other (selling) clubs remember that.

Like it or not, true or not, City are seen as a cash cow, and clubs will question why City are trying to strike a (£5mill-£10mill) a deal, saving over the transfer contract, including terms and conditions.

For a club and setup that likes to keep most things secret, that was a strange and out of character thing to do, especially during the transfer window.

Last edited:
When Soriano comes out in public stating City will make £700mill in revenues, break a club record, and be the No1 football club in the world financially, other (selling) clubs remember that.

Like it or not, true or not, City are seen as a cash cow, and clubs with question why City are trying to strike a (£5mill-£10mill) a deal, saving over the transfer contract, including terms and conditions.

For a club and setup that likes to keep most things secret, that was a strange and out of character thing to do, especially during the transfer window.
If City sell at a reasonable price & will only buy at a reasonable price, it adds to the aura that we're a well run, responsible club who've attained success without recklessly distorting the market.

What it also does is kill the narrative that we've bought success. We've shown that having a brilliant manager who has a footballing philosophy & backing him within reason is the way all football clubs should be run.

Look at PSG:

£200m for Neymar!

£300m 3 year deal for Mbappé!

£120m 2 year deal for Messi!

And now Messi's gone. Mbappé wants to complete his mega move to Real & they want rid of Neymar.

They tried the Galactico ethos & it's blown up in their face costing the club hundreds of millions. Yet it's STILL City who UEFA & the Premier League are gunning for & STILL accusing of ruining football!

As it stands we can sit back, relax & point to our reasonable returns on player sales, & point to our policy of having our fair valuations of players & sticking to it.

Only City seem to be trying to bring rationality back to football, hence why rival clubs & the media are praying for Guardiola to fuck off in 2025!

Why would he? Which other club can provide him with the support & tools City have? After City, I can only see retirement for him or managing the Spanish National team.

I can't even see an emotional return to Barça considering the utter shit show they are at the moment... \0/

I unfortunately agree with this. It’s maddening at this point to be honest.
Also think it hinges on Laporte leaving aswell as no way do we bring in a defender when we have. Stones Dias Laporte arkanji ake and even Walker . At least one has to go .

I think people look at transfers and deals from the wrong perspective.

City are one of the few clubs who CAN pay big money and attract TOP talent, because, as the best team in England and Europe, they’re going to be able to write their own ticket on commercial deals now. We also have two of the hottest young social media stars in the world in Haaland & Grealish, so the sky is the limit on Commercial revenues…and no-one will be able to say a word!

However, my main point is that just because we CAN pay, doesn’t mean we will or can be forced to do so!

Because City are part of a dwindling number of clubs who can pay BIG MONEY for players means other clubs can ask for what they want BUT if City offer a reasonable deal and the club balks at it, then where else are they going to get that kind of money? Barça? Madrid? Rags? Scum? Barcodes? PSG? Bayern? THEN WHO???

Gvardiol is a perfect example. He wants to come. Personal terms agreed. His club publicly say they want €100M! Firstly, that is crass, Busch League talk. Who is going to pay that? City? If not, who? And if we walk because they hold firm? Who then?

Will they take €85 + Add ons? If not, who is going to give them more? They’re a selling development club, so it’s just good business to take good money. But, if they hold out for too much, I could see City walking away, as they did with Koulibaly with Napoli…and look how that’s worked out!

We are not going to be bent over and it’s the height of hypocrisy to think that EVERY club in Europe would gladly take transfer fees from us while still saying it’s all ill-gotten gains!!

Fuck em all!

The price is the price…or keep an unhappy player that you just fucked out of his dream move!

Last edited:
Not flapping as still a long way to go in the transfer window but I always like getting targets in and a preseason if possible under their belts,just hope we do bring in a few more as you always need to strengthen instead of standing still especially after the fantastic season we have had,I know we like to barter and won’t get involved in bidding wars but maybe this season we should just get the targets in regardless even if it’s paying slightly more than we anticipated..
I agree because after last season there will be a hangover as there as ti be and we need to move players on to bring in hungry young players who haven’t won as much . What was the saying “it’s difficult to get up for training when you’d wearing silk robes “

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.