Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep Laporte, give this one a miss and save ourselves €70 odd millions in net transfer fees. Had we received £50-60 bid for Laporte, then that would had been a different story.

Fee we are quoated for Gvardiol €100 Mill
Fee we are quoated for Laporte €30 Mill

The differential is just too big.
Mate this one’s a replacement for Laporte ain’t it. Laporte is 29 after all, won’t get any better than he is. Which is still quite good, but we are moving forward with a player like Gvardiol potentially who could be amongst the best for years if he improves and carries on this trajectory.

Still not particularly fussed. If Laporte leaves then we need a new centre-back but it doesn't have to be Gvardiol. I'm almost always happy for us to walk away if we don't like the price, it's ultimately the best way to run a club.

We will clearly need to pay more than we did for Rodri, Laporte and Dias, but something somewhere in that region sounds about right to me. £95m is a bit steep.

Keep Laporte, give this one a miss and save ourselves €70 odd millions in net transfer fees. Had we received £50-60 bid for Laporte, then that would had been a different story.

This again. Why are you bothered about how much we spend net? It's like many of our fans want to appease the media and the rest of the football community, but the dye was cast years ago; we could spend net £0 over the next five years and nobody will give a fuck.

Although I do agree, the Laporte fee is scandalously low.

This again. Why are you bothered about how much we spend net? It's like many of our fans want to appease the media and the rest of the football community, but the dye was cast years ago; we could spend net £0 over the next five years and nobody will give a fuck.

Although I do agree, the Laporte fee is scandalously low.

At this point i think its about book value, wages and a squad place allowing us to bring Gvardiol in? It seems Laporte has a book value or between £10-15m so say £30m is his fee its a £15m profit on the books for FFP.

May:We're the best run club in the world. Treble winners, net spend is healthy. Txiki is brilliant.

July: WTF are our Directors doing? All our targets are getting snapped up by our rivals while we're penny pinching.

Just trust the ones who got us here. They know what they're doing.
This.

I think the Club’s management team have proven that they’re pretty good at this transfer thing. Let the pros do their job.

This is why i won't be too upset if we don't get him. I like Gvardiol but if that falls through i agree that keeping Laporte is just fine. He's given his all for us.

Mate this one’s a replacement for Laporte ain’t it. Laporte is 29 after all, won’t get any better than he is. Which is still quite good, but we are moving forward with a player like Gvardiol potentially who could be amongst the best for years if he improves and carries on this trajectory.
29 is the new 33 it seems. Didnt CB usually start peaking at 28-29. None of our CB's currently are in 30's so no real urgency to refresh or get the squad age down. Will be the best in the future and great potential were the words also said about Mangala and Nastasic who came here with great reputations, not to mention they were also left footed Centre backs.

This.

I think the Club’s management team have proven that they’re pretty good at this transfer thing. Let the pros do their job.

I don't think anyone's stopping them from doing their job and as much as I like Bluemoon, I don't think it's influential in terms of transfer strategy. It's a forum, people will post contrasting opinions, who gives a fuck

29 is the new 33 it seems. Didnt CB usually start peaking at 28-29. None of our CB's currently are in 30's so no real urgency to refresh or get the squad age down. Will be the best in the future and great potential were the words also said about Mangala and Nastasic who came here with great reputations, not to mention they were also left footed Centre backs.

Laporte can't defend wide anymore, isn't tenacious like Dias in the centre and can't do what Stones does. He doesnt fit the way Pep is setting us up, which is part of why he had such little game time. It makes sense for both parties if he goes.

It's sad though, he's a brilliant player and single-handedly kept the defence together at the end of 21/22.

Laporte can't defend wide anymore, isn't tenacious like Dias in the centre and can't do what Stones does. He doesnt fit the way Pep is setting us up, which is part of why he had such little game time. It makes sense for both parties if he goes.

It's sad though, he's a brilliant player and single-handedly kept the defence together at the end of 21/22.
Pep is ever evolving and is already onto his 5th-6th system. Who is to say is he wont change the system again and would not want a player like Laporte. Stones was nowhere to be seen in 21-22 season but was instrumental for us last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.