Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep Laporte, give this one a miss and save ourselves €70 odd millions in net transfer fees. Had we received £50-60 bid for Laporte, then that would had been a different story.

Fee we are quoated for Gvardiol €100 Mill
Fee we are quoated for Laporte €30 Mill

The differential is just too big.
If we keep going comparing apples to oranges,
I'd happily agree to €100m/£85m for Gvardiol
than €70m/£60m for Mount.
Just saying.

i read about the possibility of this not being over until late in august and i don’t understand why would they do that? i get not paying and walking away, but intending to pay and yet having gvardiol miss the pre-season doesn’t make any sense.

i think people will still hate city so i don’t quite get the obsession with not spending much. just like they’ll hate leipzig in germany no matter what they do.

i also don’t understand why wouldn’t they give the treble winning coach his top priority target and i’m not saying this just because it’s gvardiol.
But then he had his little groin 'surgery' and can't be top fit right now anyway. So we don't lose time right now.

Any updates about his current recovery?

Last edited:
Laporte can't defend wide anymore, isn't tenacious like Dias in the centre and can't do what Stones does. He doesnt fit the way Pep is setting us up, which is part of why he had such little game time. It makes sense for both parties if he goes.

It's sad though, he's a brilliant player and single-handedly kept the defence together at the end of 21/22.
We will let him go out on loan if no one buys him, anyone thinking Gvardiol might not arrive needs their head testing.

I don’t think the media is all that dialed in to what is going on. A couple days ago we got reporting that they were working on payment structure and now Romano reports they are still working on the total fee. Neither City of RB are talking to the media it seems.

I sort of don’t buy that they could be negotiating this long and not have agreed to a total fee yet. I think we would have pulled out by now if we couldn’t agree on a top line total fee number. I’ll make a guess and speculate that we are working on payment structure.

But then he had his little groin 'surgery' and can't be top fit right now anyway. So we don't lose time right now.

Any updates about his current recovery?
ah that’s one of the reasons i want him to leave stupid leipzig, i hate how they handled that, he was injured in that leverkusen game in april when they generally tried to kill him. (they didn’t win a single game after that and i like to believe i’m responsible by starting a new croatian juju lol) they just sent him to our national team injured. still pissed off about that.

he was in belgrade recently and it is not confirmed but everyone believes he went to get treatments from that “miracle worker” woman who made luka modrić able to play after he was supposed to be out for like a month. nothing else atm. i did see a photo of him giving an interview in croatia on twitter but algorithms have failed me so far and it hasn’t surfaced in any of my social media.

I don’t think the media is all that dialed in to what is going on. A couple days ago we got reporting that they were working on payment structure and now Romano reports they are still working on the total fee. Neither City of RB are talking to the media it seems.

I sort of don’t buy that they could be negotiating this long and not have agreed to a total fee yet. I think we would have pulled out by now if we couldn’t agree on a top line total fee number. I’ll make a guess and speculate that we are working on payment structure.
They have to write something every day, doubt meetings and talks hold the same pattern.

he was in belgrade recently and it is not confirmed but everyone believes he went to get treatments from that “miracle worker” woman who made luka modrić able to play after he was supposed to be out for like a month. nothing else atm. i did see a photo of him giving an interview in croatia on twitter but algorithms have failed me so far and it hasn’t surfaced in any of my social media.

Going to disagree,Gvardiol is the Haaland of CBs at 21 he’s the level of Laporte , faster , stronger equal passing range. Been one of the best defenders at the World Cup and euros was in the conversation for player of the tournament in both. 100 million euros is a bargain for the calibre of CB we are getting.

No disrespect to Laporte as he’s been good for us played through injury to help us win titles. But Gvardiols levels above at 21 he’s not even hit his prime yet which is scary to think. Pace strength intelligence passing movement he’s got it all at 21. His ceiling is incredibly high.

Yes he struggled against us at home but he dominated our attack in Leipzig and he’s done that against Vini Jr , Mbappé , Neymar to list a few. Made them look average.

100 million euros is a bargain in the long run.

€85m and €90m not been offered yet then? Tells me we will get him for less than €100m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.