Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first glance I thought it was Besses o'th' Barn but that is definitely Ramsbottom
I used to walk up that hill at Besses to get the train into town with my mum in the 80s, you'd get to the top then have two lots of steps to get to the ticket office.
And whilst we're talking about Besses I used to play for Besses Boys in the mid 80s, our ground was the pitch down from the beehive.

Ah happy memories. Cheers for mentioning Besses o'th' Barn, brought back some nice feelings from when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Another massively eventful day. Txiki still crunching numbers trying to figure out just how much he can offend them with the first offer.

Also, I personally value Bernardo at 100m, minimum, in this market. He is one of my favourite City players ever and one of the world's best players. I would love to keep him for many years to come. However, as far as I am aware, we have promised him a move for less than that. I believe it's impossible to buy a player of his quality in this market, but there were rumours/gossip out there regarding FDJ, so I think there could be a small chance for us to get him to soften the Bernardo leaving blow.
The rumours and gossip regarding the kid Frenkie are just that. He isn't coming to City.

Wait till Leipzig actually get 2 deals over the line and then see if it happens. What is the point of panic station when we have info that Leipzig need to sort replacements first else they won’t be able to get any bargains if clubs know they’ve got money.

They’re already struggling as is, barely managed to get Lukeba agreement over the line. Have had 4 bids rejected for Openda for €40m or so, and need to get that sorted, even the deal for Geertuida is stalling for another €25m roughly.

Them selling Gvardiol would just kill any chance of negotiating either of those deals for fair value.

Wait till Leipzig actually get 2 deals over the line and then see if it happens. What is the point of panic station when we have info that Leipzig need to sort replacements first else they won’t be able to get any bargains if clubs know they’ve got money.

They’re already struggling as is, barely managed to get Lukeba over the line. Have had 4 bids rejected for Openda for €40m or so, and need to get that sorted, even the deal for Geertuida is stalling for another €25m roughly.

Then selling Gvardiol would just kill any chance of negotiating either of those deals for fair value.
I don't get this when they've already sold Nkunku and Szoboslai for ~150m euros. And it's not like the Gvardiol deal is a secret, the teams with the replacements aren't dumb.

I don't get this when they've already sold Nkunku and Szoboslai for ~150m euros. And it's not like the Gvardiol deal is a secret, the teams with the replacements aren't dumb.
It is not small money either. Both Nkunku and Szobo had release/exit clauses so deals were very quick and easy to get done. Gvardiol has no such clause and is put up on market for an obscene value for a club to match it. He does not justify that price tag at all, so it’s natural this deal is taking as much time as it has.

Don’t get me wrong though, it’s better to sort it asap, or at the very least, sort other exits from club so we can fill those gaps as well.

Apparently txiki has met with Gvardiol's representatives. I wonder if it was weeks ago or it was Sunday when the flight from Zagreb came in. I'm sticking my neck out and saying it was Sunday as news about Leipzig getting that lad from Lyon broke later on the Sunday.

Remember Alfie and Raiola coming to Manchester on their own to thrash out Erlings contract, maybe Marjan sisic was the name on the Zagreb flight on Sunday and obviously not Gvardiol.

Just waiting for @vanchi to appear and say no no no his agent was having ghoulash at a local cafe on Sunday as her mate served him. :)

You see, I've distanced myself from this transfer and jumped back in feet first all within the space of an hour.

Fuckin wish the season would hurry up and start.
hahah no, my friend wasn’t even in croatia on sunday :D

joško was in šibenik today

They’re already struggling as is, barely managed to get Lukeba agreement over the line. Have had 4 bids rejected for Openda for €40m or so, and need to get that sorted, even the deal for Geertuida is stalling for another €25m roughly.

Them selling Gvardiol would just kill any chance of negotiating either of those deals for fair value.
i don’t really understand this point of view. everyone knows about their transfers and prices, ok, gvardiol deal isn’t done but they were offered 90m euros last summer. clubs won’t pretend none of this is happening just because it’s not done.

i don’t really understand this point of view. everyone knows about their transfers and prices, ok, gvardiol deal isn’t done but they were offered 90m euros last summer. clubs won’t pretend none of this is happening just because it’s not done.
Yes but theirs position of strength and position of bargain. Both to be taken into account. We will eventually get this done imo, I am just trying to justify why it is taking as much time as it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.