Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
It‘s frustrating how we do this. Yes don’t let clubs take the piss, but if it’s just a matter of about 5 or 10% more for a player we really want then pay it, especially if they want to come here.

We can’t expect to stay at the top if we keep baulking at transfer fees. Now is the time we really should be putting our foot on rivals’ throats, as Treble winners, with Pep here, it‘s dangerous becoming complacent.

Especially the age and quality he already is and he could be with us 10 years plus?

Conflicting reports on this one. I was under the impression this is done and dusted, and we are simply waiting for Leipzig to secure that LCB to announce it. I guess nobody knows at this point, so we will find out in the next 48 hours since he is due back in Leipzig...
Nothing is ever “done” until it’s on the official site. Many throw about “done deal” before it’s official, perhaps people have a different meaning to the word.

Last I heard waiting on Leipzig to sort their signing(s) at the back then final negotiations will commence for Gvardiol.

The message around City walking away is a general statement around every player we go for, Gvardiol no different.

Nothing is ever “done” until it’s on the official site. Many throw about “done deal” before it’s official, perhaps people have a different meaning to the word.

Last I heard waiting on Leipzig to sort their signing(s) at the back then final negotiations will commence for Gvardiol.

The message around City walking away is a general statement around every player we go for, Gvardiol no different.
I hope that's the case.

this transfer window has been very frustrating to follow so far. seems like we're getting bad news on a weekly basis. jude picks madrid, gundo not staying, walker potentially not staying and replaced by an underwhelming option, rice goes to arsenal, now gvardiol is dragging on for over a month. basically no midfielder/winger names on the pipeline as weekly news of mahrez/bernardo going blast on. our opponents meanwhile have basically completed their signings - from rice,havertz,timber to arsenal, macallister&szobo for liverpool, leaving us with few alternatives.

It‘s frustrating how we do this. Yes don’t let clubs take the piss, but if it’s just a matter of about 5 or 10% more for a player we really want then pay it, especially if they want to come here.

We can’t expect to stay at the top if we keep baulking at transfer fees. Now is the time we really should be putting our foot on rivals’ throats, as Treble winners, with Pep here, it‘s dangerous becoming complacent.

Maybe we pay it maybe we don’t or we waiting till they all come back Monday and pep speaks to the players who want to go? We also know city like the one out one in policy!

The irony with us in the market is if Gvardiol had a release clause of £86mil he'd have been signed a few weeks back.

Still doesn’t sound conclusive though? I thought we would go full steam this summer on our A targets but if true our first offer was £64m plus add ons and they want £86m then imo we aren’t doing it
Same here. That's how we have been operating for years, so you would think having won the treble, we would go for it, big time. It's the same regarding our players rumoured to leave. Bernardo situation is not new, but this season it is also Mahrez, Walker, Cancelo, and Laporte. We are in mid-July, and you do wonder why we haven't moved quicker on both outgoings/incomings. In the past, it was simple, stay or go, we knew all along, or we figured it out quickly. This season it's dragging, and we are en route to be in a bit of a rebuild at the beginning of the season. We used to wrap most deals up quickly, but now it's a bit of a mess unless there is some master plan behind it all, and we are about to conclude all the outgoings/incomings in the coming week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.