Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were rumored to have 3 major targets for Pep that were Bellingham, Gvardiol and Kovacic. Kovacic was a nice easy one it seems but Bellingham picked Madrid over us and Rice was the back up option and bloody Arsenal beat us to him? Now we are seemingly not wanting to pay for the worlds best next superstar left sided defender while already in credit for transfers and more to go out? It is entirely plausible that others transfers depend on outgoings but this wasn’t meant to be one of them?
To be fair, Arsenal overpaid for Rice, so I am happy with the outcome. I wouldn't want us to pay that much for Rice. With Jude, he picked Madrid, so I have no complaints there. Having said all that, no excuse regarding Gvardiol. The circumstances surrounding the deal never changed for months, and as you said, we were supposed to go for him no matter what. He would be insane for us, so if we end up walking away, I think a lot of people will be upset, and rightly so.

But Lyon know what Leipzig will get as a fee as their sporting director made it public anyway? Hardly a brilliant negotiating tactic?

Leipzig have had a bid rejected of 26 million plus 6 million in add ons , Lyon want 32 million without add ons which is kinda ridiculous for a 20 year old CB who’s got talent but is raw.

It was stupid of the Leipzig director to come out with that. Now Lyon can demand that fee for him. RB are smart with their money so I’m guessing the entire Gvardiol fee is not just being used on Castello Lukeba, which is why they are haggling with Lyon who are like Napoli when it comes to transfers.

I just see Leipzig folding and agreeing that fee with Lyon, as they are kinda like us in a way where they don’t like having players at the club who don’t want to be there.

To be fair, Arsenal overpaid for Rice, so I am happy with the outcome. I wouldn't want us to pay that much for Rice. With Jude, he picked Madrid, so I have no complaints there. Having said all that, no excuse regarding Gvardiol. The circumstances surrounding the deal never changed for months, and as you said, we were supposed to go for him no matter what. He would be insane for us, so if we end up walking away, I think a lot of people will be upset, and rightly so.

The most one that will be upset is Gvardiol himself, he only wants City and no one else yet our club will happily walk away just because a few millions difference of valuation if the rumored valuation is true.

so if what you heard is true, they’re not only waiting for leipzig to sign new players but will negotiate then? wtaf???
well if this fails joško will definitely become the biggest fool in football eh
Final negotiations, so hopefully finalise and sign.

Leipzig have had a bid rejected of 26 million plus 6 million in add ons , Lyon want 32 million without add ons which is kinda ridiculous for a 20 year old CB who’s got talent but is raw.

It was stupid of the Leipzig director to come out with that. Now Lyon can demand that fee for him. RB are smart with their money so I’m guessing the entire Gvardiol fee is not just being used on Castello Lukeba, which is why they are haggling with Lyon who are like Napoli when it comes to transfers.

I just see Leipzig folding and agreeing that fee with Lyon, as they are kinda like us in a way where they don’t like having players at the club who don’t want to be there.

Yeah it was his ego and chest pumping that is going to cost them a few million more isn’t it but also delaying our signing of Josko?

I wasn’t arsed about the price mate it’s more arming Pep with who he wants after such an historic season? We have made significant profits in the transfer market the last two windows and have our own CEO announcing we will do well over £700m turnover revenue and growing faster still? I want us to have a slight air of arrogance that we are now a super club and go out and use the financial resources we have to demolish the opposition from the get go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.