Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most one that will be upset is Gvardiol himself, he only wants City and no one else yet our club will happily walk away just because a few millions difference of valuation if the rumored valuation is true.
This is what's fucking me off more than anything. The lad is gagging to come here and there are seemingly no other suitors. It's just a piss take at this point.

I wasn’t arsed about the price mate it’s more arming Pep with who he wants after such an historic season? We have made significant profits in the transfer market the last two windows and have our own CEO announcing we will do well over £700m turnover revenue and growing faster still? I want us to have a slight air of arrogance that we are now a super club and go out and use the financial resources we have to demolish the opposition from the get go?
Maybe we just struggle with negotiating the big transfers. Over the last 5 years how many transfers over £50mil have we actually negotiated with clubs on? Haaland, Grealish, Rodri, Laporte were all release clauses.

Off the top of my head there's Dias, Mahrez and the Cancelo/Danilo swap but that's it. If we are looking at a squad refresh then pray Txiki is handed the release clause list!

I wasn’t arsed about the price mate it’s more arming Pep with who he wants after such an historic season? We have made significant profits in the transfer market the last two windows and have our own CEO announcing we will do well over £700m turnover revenue and growing faster still? I want us to have a slight air of arrogance that we are now a super club and go out and use the financial resources we have to demolish the opposition from the get go?

Ok then...

Who would you sign for Manchester City right now?

I'm talking realistic targets, please.

So nothing other than your own possibly unrealistic expectations and desires?

There's not much quality about. Can't just bring in anyone. Pep is stubborn and will only bring in the players he wants, and players who are actually good enough for us. Rice at 105m isn't that! Just because we have won a treble, doesn't mean we will change a transfer strategy that has worked for us for the past 6 seasons. Bellingham chose Real Madrid, Arsenal overpaid for Rice by 15-20m atleast. We move on.

We should look closer into what we have rather than keep shopping at other clubs. Oscar Bobb, Cole Palmer, Rico Lewis, Ade Mebude, Carlos Borges and James McAtee. All special young players who if we keep buying other players from other clubs will have their pathways blocked. Class of 23 this lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.