Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do know that the new stand and development is £300m, that’s on the record. Liverpool’s new stand is reported at around £110m.

Last year we went from the semi final of the CL the year before to being the winners. That’s an additional 4-6m euros for reaching the final and an additional 20m for winning it, from what I can work out from UEFAs figures. FA Cup winners get 2m. It’s not close to 300m extra in revenue.

The new stand is not 300m. The new stand, hotel, offices, public f&b areas, shops, museum, corporate offerings and other facilities are a reported 300m. They will generate incredible revenue that will pay not only for the development itself but well beyond that too. This isn't some essential maintenance job to fix a leaky roof we are trying to save up for on player signings, it is a major investment into the club and is outwith the ffp threshold too.

I'm saying 10 to 15 million is not pocket money and every penny the club spends has an opportunity cost.

Please don't call me delusional.

It is not 10-15m 'extra' though. It is what it takes to get that player. No amount of negotiating is going to significantly change that, because he has a release clause next year which sets the bar.

Besides, nobody knows how much the club really are prepared to offer and what the 'difference' in valuation is.

Too many right serious fuckers on here - how did you all cope at not getting your wish at Christmas?
by making bad financial decisions while doing my online shopping :D

Last season champions Real Madrid received €83.2 million (£71mill) prize money, including an additional €4.5 million for winning the UEFA Super Cup in August 2022.

In the 2022/23 Champions League, winning the entire competition with a perfect group-stage performance would earn a maximum prize money payout of €85.14 million. Neither Man City nor Inter Milan, this year's finalists, managed to win all their group games.

It's more the fact that we've spent so much money on so many shit players over the last 15 years.

I don't think Josko is a shit player. He's 21 years old. We will get at least 10 years out of him. Divide an extra £10mill over 10 years, that's £1mill a year.
We’ve probably spent less on shit players than anyone else though. All teams buy players that don’t work, we buy less than most.

We do know that the new stand and development is £300m, that’s on the record. Liverpool’s new stand is reported at around £110m.

Last year we went from the semi final of the CL the year before to being the winners. That’s an additional 4-6m euros for reaching the final and an additional 20m for winning it, from what I can work out from UEFAs figures. FA Cup winners get 2m. It’s not close to 300m extra in revenue.
The money for the stand will be sorted. The subs for Citytv have gone up a couple of quid so that'll be a nice little earner plus the chips have gone up a quid plus we can always make up another sponsor and let Sheikh Mansour accidentally inject a couple of hundred mil into the coffers.
Failing that we can always sell our best players to Arsenaa

Reactions: jrb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.