Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way that is worded has confused me slightly.

Is it the total package is ok, just how it is structured is the sticking point (i.e we offered €90m plus €15m add ons, but they want €100m plus €5m add ons)?

Or is it they love €15m add ons but want to change the fixed from €90m to €100m?

Quite a difference in ideas there and Romano hasn't made it clear.
Sounds like they want to subtract from add ons to a full 100m euros fixed.

It’s clear to me Leipzig has decided they want the headline that Gvardiol is the biggest sale of a center back ever. We can negotiate all we want but they won’t accept less than that headline. They’re certainly not giving a club the world sees as super rich a discount on their set price. And they won’t send the market a message that if you stay at the negotiation table long enough they’ll bend over for the easing of the deal you’re asking either

I never said they would, but it’s worth trying first. Depends how much the player pushes too.We’ve been here many times.
max eberl confirmed gvardiol officially requested to leave, what else is he supposed to do? throw a tantrum in eberl’s office?

oh and i believe pre-season is important.

We get this flapping every year. Posters showing their arse because we walked away from a deal we thought wasn't acceptable or the selling club started taking the piss.
I trust txiki, I trust Pep and I trust the club.

They must be doing something right.
3 in a row.
The treble.
First champions league.

We'll get players in, don't worry about that, we are notoriously slow from pre season and the off.

Everybody needs to chill.
To be clear on my annoyance, I just really want the player and have gotten too excited about his ability to be as versatile as Stones (think he can play LB, LCB, CB, and CDM). The team will probably be fine if they do decide to walk away, or wait another month to finally budge, but it's still annoying.

max eberl confirmed gvardiol officially requested to leave, what else is he supposed to do? throw a tantrum in eberl’s office?

oh and i believe pre-season is important.
Then it will probably be done. Many players have joined during or after pre season, and ours is short anyway, and been fine. If he misses the first 2 or 3 games ,hardly matters we are strong enough.

It’s clear to me Leipzig has decided they want the headline that Gvardiol is the biggest sale of a center back ever. We can negotiate all we want but they won’t accept less than that headline. They’re certainly not giving a club the world sees as super rich a discount on their set price. And they won’t send the market a message that if you stay at the negotiation table long enough they’ll bend over for the easing of the deal you’re asking either

Yeah that's what would make sense, just Romano has worded the tweet terribly - 'no problem on add-ons'.

This negotiation seems to be the same as our big non-release clause negotiations. Just remains to be seen what City value the player at, as it seems Leipzig have been clear.

it was always clear, eberl literally said it in an interview recently. their head coach said that it was his request as the head coach that gvardiol stays. it’s a win win for them. the only loser in all this would be gvardiol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.