Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt Txiki and the board care about public perception to be honest. If it’s not the way they want it done they will walk away. That’s their track record, for better or worse.

You can recall Sanchez, Koulibaly, Cucurella even. Doesn’t matter what the player likes on socials.
We had no issue making Grealish the most expensive English signing until Rice. Doubt that’s the issue with Gvardiol

We had no issue making Grealish the most expensive English signing until Rice. Doubt that’s the issue with Gvardiol

Grealish can sell a million shirts easy and bring sponsors.

Gvardiol?? I doubt he'd even reach ten thousand shirt sales.

Fully agreed. The same happened with Grealish. The Gvardiol deal isn't the same as Sanchez, Cucurella and others.

Unless Chelsea come in and pay 100 million upfront, the deal will get done. FFP, amortisation etc, it all counts in the future. City know what they have to pay, they've known for months. Leipzig have been very honest for months, it's "100 million euros" or nothing. If City wanted to walk away, they would have done it the first time he had said this 3 months ago, and not waited until now. We walked away from Rice as soon as Arsenal put a bigger bid in the next day, we walked away from Sanchez as soon as United came in and offered him half a mil a week, we walked away when Chelsea had made a bid of 62m for Cucurella. City know the price, I'm sure it's all about add ons, and if we want a player (like Grealish) we will do the deal.

Same as before. This reminds me a lot of Koulibaly saga, deal agreed, players bags packed and what not. City kept saying they have not agreed anything. Italian media kept saying otherwise. ADL came out making statements about him considering a possibility at €80m. City simply walked away, we then turned towards Kounde and eventually ended up with Dias. So we just have to wait and see who this other option is, there have been shouts for Colwill, and I’ve got a feeling we’ve looked at Lukeba from Lyon as well.

I would personally just chill, because you and I aren't going to effect things either way .

I'll also add that if they were actually "not close", surely they'd have walked away. They can't be that far apart on valuation still

There was never an issue because we never had to deal with Villa or Purslow for that matter. Just paid the release clause and that’s that.

There was never an issue because we never had to deal with Villa or Purslow for that matter. Just paid the release clause and that’s that.
Leipzig has also set a price for Gvardiol. We will meet it is my guess. But need to get the replacement in the door first

I would personally just chill, because you and I aren't going to effect things either way .
I’m totally fine mate. This isn’t the signing that bothers me as much. We’ve just won a treble and aside 1 or 2 additions which we’ll make anyway I’m not too fussed on anyone particular joining. It’s just nice to have discussions over it is all. If this happened last summer, or the one before, yeah, it would have been different. Not this time :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.