Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess on this one is the deal was agreed in principle but nothing confirmed. RBL probably thought they could wrap up a transfer before rubber stamping this but are a bit pissed someone has leaked it. Someone at City is probably getting a battering right now.
Could it be someone from the player's team?

Guess my mate at the airport was right first time around about Gvardiol being booked on two flights a few weeks back. Obviously it was agreed in principle then it hit the buffers, he was on one of them to come over for a medical but it went tits up.
And with reports saying part of a medical was booked too then I'm back in bigging up my mate who texted me about it.

So are the management team. We have a structure that every club in Europe wants to emulate & that’s not down to Pep. Pep is a magician in terms of improving players but the structure is more important as it ensures continuity at all levels & will continue to do so after Peo. He put the blueprint in place & now every level follows it which is why our youth teams also win consistently- without Pep managing them
Nowhere in the post have I said the structure of the CFG or the blueprint that runs through the academy to the first team is anything but incredible. All I have said is we have a tough time negotiating deals for our big targets.

Not sure where the narrative of me criticising all aspects of the club is coming from.

Hopefully it’s just that Leipzig don’t want Lyon to know the Gvardiol deal is agreed as that would add an extra complication in their negotiations for Lukeba. And by extension, City don’t want it to be known the deal is agreed either, as any complication in the Lukeba deal is also a complication for us getting Gvardiol over the line. Hence City being quick to brief that there is no deal agreed, out of respect for Leipzig and their other negotiations. Who knows where the leak came from but it was certainly very unwelcome by all parties.

I expect City to see if Gvardiol wants the move. If he does the job is done. RB can keep a disgruntled player or they can play ball and let the player go. They want silly money and they will lose out and so will Gvardiol, he can go to utd or chelsea etc.

Nowhere in the post have I said the structure of the CFG or the blueprint that runs through the academy to the first team is anything but incredible. All I have said is we have a tough time negotiating deals for our big targets.

Not sure where the narrative of me criticising all aspects of the club is coming from.
We don't have a tough time at all, we could very easily pay what they want. We have a limit and won't go beyond it. As in the Amazon doc, Txiki could have just bought Van Dijk, Khaldoon and Soriano just said to him too much we can get better value. I argue overall with Laporte we did.

RB are trying the typical rip-off tactic, if it gets silly we will walk away.
I’m not even sure they are. They could just be getting the messaging out there for Lyon to hear. This deal goes through when Lukeba joins Leipzig. It doesn’t help them if Lyon know they have the Gvardiol money agreed.

City doubling down and indicating they’re ready to walk away. Not sure Leipzig director feels as great now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.