Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post mate. I have no 'agenda' whatsoever. I just don’t hold the view that everything in the garden will remain rosy following Pep's departure. I simply have concerns that the owners will be relying on luck and money rather than judgement when it comes to appointing Pep's successor(s).

I'm a glass half empty kind of guy!
judging by your last few posts you've emptied a few glasses before your "rich and lucky "post.
they wanted pep,that took years of planning the infrastructure , a well executed plan in my eyes, imo what you said was showing nothing better than what has been thrown at us for the last ten years by united,liverpool,arsenal ect ect fans,dismissed it as some arab bloke who knows fuck all but is loaded, pretty fucking low for a city fan, disrespectful not only to the owners and board,but also to pep who in your opinion is only here because we chucked a load of money at him.

we should see pep rock up in saudi next if its all about the money

Great post mate. I have no 'agenda' whatsoever. I just don’t hold the view that everything in the garden will remain rosy following Pep's departure. I simply have concerns that the owners will be relying on luck and money rather than judgement when it comes to appointing Pep's successor(s).

Still nonsense.

I would not be surprised to see Txiki leave when Pep does and just hand over control to a new director who gets his own choice of who they want as a manager.

That said I think the perfect person to have at the helm is Pep till Gundo is ready to take over.

We all rate his football intelligence a bit higher than Kompany anyways..

I believe successful transitions come from a manager to his assistant or a manager to one of his players who understands the system (Shankly - Paisley - Fagan - Daglish).. so the formula is continued rather than given a massive change.
With you on all of this except the comparion of Gundo to Vinnie.

Only because I place Vinnie’s football intelligence incredibly high, more than anything after having watched his transformation of Burnley… I’m expecting them to impress even more this season.

With the Paisley example, Tito was meant to be exactly this for Pep at Barça. Were he not taken from us in such an untimely fashion, I expect Tito would’ve stayed there for quite a while and the club would never have gone through the relatively weaker spell that it has done ITTL.

Even when there are countless examples of strategic decisions they’ve taken over the years which demonstrate just how astute and considered they are in their investments?

I’m still not sure where this idea they just chuck money about and sometimes get lucky comes from - there’s literally no evidence to support it, and countless examples of where they’ve done precisely the opposite.

I’m sure this isn’t your intent at all, so to be clear I’m not accusing you of it - but it can sound a little like lazy stereotyping when all evidence is ignored in favour of ‘I just have a hunch’ based on fallacious tropes about Arab investors.

Who?

Nicky Reid?
FOC, sorry I watched him from being a kid in the old A & B teams at Platt Lane, he had a decent career with us.

Nicky Reid played 217 times for Manchester City F.C. and scored twice in two spells at the club between 1977 and 1982 and 1982 and 1987 before transferring to Blackburn Rovers F.C. in July 1987

You’re on here trying to find out where we are up to with the guy just like everyone else as there might be someone who just might post something that they know. Someone will know something at some point. I’ll guess you’ll not see this response though as you know that nobody knows anything so you won’t be here.
Oh I don't really care if it happens or not. Read through my posts. I might even say I don't actually see the need to sign him up but what do I know

Always loved Nicky Reid. Him and Tommy Caton would have been our centre backs for many years except for John Bond signing his son. Kevin did well but the money spent on him needed to be spent elsewhere. Probably the worst decision of John Bond’s reign.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.