Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting take.

Absolutely bizarre at several key points in your analysis, and definitely betrays a potential agenda - but it’s always interesting to hear counter arguments to the prevailing narrative.

This place would be boring if we all thought in exactly the same way!

I would challenge your assertion that our owners success is purely down to being lucky and rich - although they are definitely both those things too, as any successful person is.

I’m not going to detail it here, but Chairman’s track record in business would suggest he’s an incredibly talented and astute commercial operator. And whilst undoubtedly surrounded with a team of expensive advisors, our owner has made several investments which are frankly staggering in the returns they’ve delivered for him. Once or twice could be considered lucky - more than that, and you have to acknowledge a pattern which indicates a lot more than pure dumb luck.

What they’ve also proven to be very successful at is seeing a golden opportunity out of a potentially disastrous situation, and seizing the momentum to dizzying effect.

Sheikh Mansour’s 2008 investment in Barclays would be an excellent example of this.

Another excellent example would be the turmoil at Barcelona following Sandro Rossell’s successful campaign for the Presidency in 2010.

At which point - having looked completely off the table and out of reach for years - the most successful commercial and sporting football leadership team in the World at that time, which included Pep, Txiki and Berrada, and had previously included Ferran Soriano, suddenly became available.

Our owners saw the opportunity, and were systematic in securing it.

It was as far from a gamble as any set of appointments - certainly including the appointment of Mancini - and was as close to a sure thing as was available at the time.

The fact they brought them all in together again gave the plan an ever greater chance at success.

And the results have been astonishing - from both a sporting and a commercial angle. Top of the Deloitte Football money league two years on the bounce - ahead of Madrid, Bayern, United, Liverpool - the most successful team in European club football last season, and an excellent net spend position.

We are the envy of the footballing world.

I would see our owner’s investment as another in a long line of smart investments they have made across their business portfolio, and a great example of their capacity to see the potential in a situation others may view as a complete mess.
Can you précis this tome please?

Can you précis this tome please?

Nah - it’s way too long, granted, but you’re under absolutely no obligation to read it mate.

I guess - it wasn’t a gamble, it was a calculated move to bring in the most successful football leadership team in the world - covers some of it.

And if you like the sound of that bit - by all means read on!

Interesting take.

Absolutely bizarre at several key points in your analysis, and definitely betrays a potential agenda - but it’s always interesting to hear counter arguments to the prevailing narrative.

I would challenge your assertion that our owners success is purely down to being lucky and rich - although they are definitely both those things too, as any successful person is.

I’m not going to detail it here, but Chairman’s track record in business would suggest he’s an incredibly talented and astute commercial operator. And whilst undoubtedly surrounded with a team of expensive advisors, our owner has made several investments which are frankly staggering in the returns they’ve delivered for him. Once or twice could be considered lucky - more than that, and you have to acknowledge a pattern which indicates a lot more than pure dumb luck.

What they’ve also proven to be very successful at is seeing a golden opportunity out of a potentially disastrous situation, and seizing the momentum to dizzying effect.

Sheikh Mansour’s 2008 investment in Barclays would be an excellent example of this.

Another excellent example would be the turmoil at Barcelona following Sandro Rossell’s successful campaign for the Presidency in 2010.

At which point - having looked completely off the table and out of reach for years - the most successful commercial and sporting football leadership team in the World at that time, which included Pep, Txiki and Berrada, and had previously included Ferran Soriano, suddenly became available.

It was as far from a gamble as any set of appointments - certainly including the appointment of Mancini - and was as close to a sure thing as was available at the time.

The fact they brought them all in together again gave the plan an ever greater chance at success.

And the results have been astonishing - from both a sporting and a commercial angle. Top of the Deloitte Football money league two years on the bounce - ahead of Madrid, Bayern, United, Liverpool - the most successful team in European club football last season, and an excellent net spend position.

I would see our owner’s investment as another in a long line of smart investments they have made across their business portfolio, and a great example of their capacity to see the potential in a situation others may view as a complete mess.
Bang on!

Can you précis this please as it might have something of interest in it. Thanks.
It’s an interesting concept that many people at my place of employment have. Something might be interesting, but they can’t be bothered to read it. They’d prefer me to reread my own work and deliver it back to them and then they’ll ultimately decide if it was of interest or not. With the ultimate goal of remaining in gainful employment I choose to ignore it rather than replying with “fuck off you lazy twat. I can only write the email, I can’t read it and inwardly digest it on your behalf.”

I don't understand the use of the phrase you used previously - "huge gamble." I may have misunderstood, but you sound like you are suggesting our leadership team behaved recklessly in relation to Pep's appointment..?

I mean that the owners spent a fortune purely to tempt Pep to join the club Ignore any money spent on players etc, the amount spent on Pep before he put pen to paper was huge.

Any new appointment has an element of risk. While I appreciate that the level of risk around Pep was low, it remained a risk, and we all know that firm favourites don't always win! As such, it was a huge gamble.

I struggled but eventually remembered whom this fella reminds me of; he's a left footed version of Nicky Reid, granted I haven't watched him much but that is my opinion, for what it's worth (which isn't much)

Has he signed yet?

Interesting take.

Great post mate. I have no 'agenda' whatsoever. I just don’t hold the view that everything in the garden will remain rosy following Pep's departure. I simply have concerns that the owners will be relying on luck and money rather than judgement when it comes to appointing Pep's successor(s).

I'm a glass half empty kind of guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.