Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laporte will not wait another season, he will be another "Cancelo" case waiting to happen.

Agreed, I think Laporte will go but I don't think we'll replace him. Not at the prices quoted anyway when a supposed massive outlay is being placed on Bellingham already.

Agreed, I think Laporte will go but I don't think we'll replace him. Not at the prices quoted anyway when a supposed massive outlay is being placed on Bellingham already.
Isn't there rumours that we have a 300 million budget this summer before sales.

Although I don't think it will be 115 million personally.

Gvardiol: 115 million
Bellingham 125 million
Kovacic: 30/40million
Chilwell: 40/50 million.

Cancelo, laporte ect all leaving. Plus some youngsters

Does seem in the rumoured budget.

Isn't there rumours that we have a 300 million budget this summer before sales.

Although I don't think it will be 115 million personally.

Gvardiol: 115 million
Bellingham 125 million
Kovacic: 30/40million
Chilwell: 40/50 million.

Cancelo, laporte ect all leaving. Plus some youngsters

Does seem in the rumoured budget.

Maybe mate. I just can't see us paying that fee for a centre back who isn't guaranteed to start every week (Pep loves Jonny and Dias while it'd be harsh to sideline Ake and have Akanji at fifth choice) unless a massive shift in formation is planned.

We dont really NEED to replace him. We have 5 CB and this season its too many. If we're going to a back 3 or Ake is now a left back then Gvardiol can make sense if Laporte goes.

Maybe mate. I just can't see us paying that fee for a centre back who isn't guaranteed to start every week (Pep loves Jonny and Dias while it'd be harsh to sideline Ake and have Akanji at fifth choice) unless a massive shift in formation is planned.
i get that pep likes a left footer at cb if he can and my guess with laporte going and stones as much as hes one of best is made of glass unfortunatly so we end up being short. I think ake has been brilliant this year but he too is prone to the odd injury. I also think pep likes 8 players for 4 spots across the back line

also looking at pep recently he seems to be favouring stones a lot more at rightback.

stones, walker, rico, dias, ake, akanji, gvardiol, chillwell.... gives him that with laporte and cancelo going.

also given gvardiols age just turned 21 i think its a bit of bringing the age of the group down alongside revitalising and refreshing us. I also think its pre emption of future windows costing a bit in terms of replacing kev, mahrez, kyle.

so giving pep a fully refreshed team something he hasnt really had since he first came. Which keeps him motivated and refreshed

i also dont look at it as 115 million i look at as laporte going so say 45 million for him off set against gvaridion so around 70 million as im sure laportes transfer incoming fee will be profit on the books now in terms of accounts.

Last edited:
very unimpressive.

Don’t forget Haaland made Dias look shit in that season a few times. I wouldn’t judge him based on tonight.

I do wonder if he’s playing tonight and wondering what it’d be like to play here…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.