Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the opposite happens and his price goes up and more clubs have the funds to strengthen their defence next summer. I'd say Leipzig hold all the aces as they don't really need to sell for money and are happy enough to keep him for another season and beyond or potentially get a higher fee next summer.
Potentially. That’s my point. There’s one bidder this summer. Us. Don’t see why we would bid against ourselves when we have a valuation. We seem unwilling to match what RB say they want. So RB has a choice. Either accept it or reject it. They then have the choice next season if bids come in below the buyout. Only if the buyout is matched do they not have the choice.

There’s no guarantees that City or anyone else will match the buy out next summer. The example I gave of BD and Sancho was similar premise to your RB. BD didn’t need to sell, they had the player for a further year and ended up selling for 25% less than what they wanted the prior summer. The difference between City and United is I don’t think we’d go in for Gvardiol in a years time. So one less bidder next summer. City may blink first and match the valuation this summer, RB may blink first and accept our lower offer. Or we have a stand-off and City move in to another target which is what we’ve done before many times.

With a face that only a mother could love...;)
hahaha well even the most beautiful face ever wouldn’t help. he oozes boredom. dude’s like an uncomfortable bra with a pulse. i don’t need that kind of negativity in my life. :D

Tbf, it’s not really “Bluemoon” at him. It’s just @RayCTID, and he has plenty of previous for this stuff.
I am not on the wind up or trolling this time around (or very rarely I actually do that). I geniunely think he is good but just not that good and he does lack the necessary composure to become one of the best even at his age. Friendly or not you don't expect a potential £80m signing to be making that kind of mistake. I did delete my post in the Alan Peacock thread as I do have geniune concerns but I did think it wasn't the appropiate thread to put it in.

Last edited:
I am not on the wind up or trolling this time around (or very rarely I actually do that). I geniunely think he is good but just not that good and he does lack the necessary composure to become one of the best even at his age. Friendly or not you don't expect a potential £80m signing to be making that kind of mistake. I did delete my post in the Alan Peacock thread as I do have geniune concerns but I did think it wasn't the appropiate thread to put it in.
Who do you consider better in his position at his age?

Who do you consider better in his position at his age?
There isn't but it still doesn't make him the real deal either especially at the price RB Leipzig are asking for. It was a bad error of judgement for the winner in that clip posted earlier. We can't afford too many mistakes like that in the position he plays in. That is my reasoning in keeping Laporte as cover.

Last edited:
It did take a while for Stones in getting used to playing under Pep but Stones always looked composed even through his rough patches form. Can't knock Gvardiol's potential but he does seem to me at the minute a rash defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.