Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
As his buyout next summer is €110m you’d expect any deal now to be less than that. The quoted amounts are €90m + €10m in add-on‘s. How we paid that €10m though was the sticking point, along with how much was paid upfront. They were reported to want 90% up front and City didn’t want that….. Allegedly.

If the buyout next summer is €110, in what world would anyone expect it to be less this year? That wouldn't be the case for any player or any club.

They may likely accept less, if it gets them the money now, but the position and expectation would be, pay it (or more) or wait another year then pay.

But you are right though, the reports mostly claim/expect that figure being 'enough', and that has been somewhat consistent. If you are to believe the reports and claims. As has what Liepzig have said as well, which has always been slightly more than that.

I think if the reports were right, it would be done by now, but 'structure' of payments is certainly one thing to hide behind to save face. A club being upset over leaks is obviously another. I think both are a bit off myself, just my reading of it.

My starting point remains though, I don't want it it get lost in the detail. Which is, the 5m, 10m etc here or there people seem hung up on really doesn't matter that much.

If the buyout next summer is €110, in what world would anyone expect it to be less this year? That wouldn't be the case for any player or any club.

They may likely accept less, if it gets them the money now, but the position and expectation would be, pay it (or more) or wait another year then pay.

But you are right though, the reports mostly claim/expect that figure being 'enough', and that has been somewhat consistent. If you are to believe the reports and claims. As has what Liepzig have said as well, which has always been slightly more than that.

I think if the reports were right, it would be done by now, but 'structure' of payments is certainly one thing to hide behind to save face. A club being upset over leaks is obviously another. I think both are a bit off myself, just my reading of it.

My starting point remains though, I don't want it it get lost in the detail. Which is, the 5m, 10m etc here or there people seem hung up on really doesn't matter that much.
You answered your own question… because they get money now and were probably hoping for a bidding war. But nobody was paying more than €100m this window, they’d just wait if that was the case and save the drama.
I’ve repeatedly said though €5-10m does matter, it pays wages, back room staff etc. Money saved is money that can be diverted in other areas. Clubs/business’ don’t stay successful by wasting €5-10m on every deal because they can. They remain at the top by being shrewd and or wise in their dealings.
I suspect but could be wide of the mark, that they want paying in full and City don’t/won’t do that. Look at how long it took Arsenal to sort the Rice deal based purely on how the deal was broken up. The fee’s are agreed I’m sure, it’s just how much we pay and when.
If the big boss has said “you can spend €200m this window” then City paying €50m or €80m up front makes a huge difference to who else we can buy or bring in. It’s irrelevant what money we bring in, if a budgets Ben set then we’ll stick to it.

You answered your own question… because they get money now and were probably hoping for a bidding war. But nobody was paying more than €100m this window, they’d just wait if that was the case and save the drama.
I’ve repeatedly said though €5-10m does matter, it pays wages, back room staff etc. Money saved is money that can be diverted in other areas. Clubs/business’ don’t stay successful by wasting €5-10m on every deal because they can. They remain at the top by being shrewd and or wise in their dealings.
I suspect but could be wide of the mark, that they want paying in full and City don’t/won’t do that. Look at how long it took Arsenal to sort the Rice deal based purely on how the deal was broken up. The fee’s are agreed I’m sure, it’s just how much we pay and when.
If the big boss has said “you can spend €200m this window” then City paying €50m or €80m up front makes a huge difference to who else we can buy or bring in. It’s irrelevant what money we bring in, if a budgets Ben set then we’ll stick to it.

I maybe worded that poorly. I didn't mean 'it doesn't matter' in that sense, as a real world consequence. I meant it doesn't matter in the reports and claims out there that people are clinging to, when it comes to arguing it.

I wasn't claiming they wouldn't accept less than the release clause this year. But that that isn't 'the expectation' which is right. The expectation would be any club buying any player would at least match a future release clause to get the player earlier, or exceed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.