Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey, you move in exulted circles Ray……any of them help us out with the odd few million?
I don't think they will if I knew any of them personally. But conversely they haven't got to their status with being initally wasteful with their money.

We underpaid.

Ah, now there's a moot point, and we get back onto the theme of value, absolute and relative. And sorry if it's winding people up, but we do. In fact, there's barely a transfer that's occurred where it isn't hovering in the background.
At the time, it just looked as though we'd paid. Neither underpaid nor overpaid. Nobody knew anything very much about his value, nobody had any real idea of how he'd be able to perform in the PL (and in the exalted company of the current team). He was a stick-on at the end of the transfer window.
And absolutely nobody — not even that seer, Pep, probably — had any idea that he would deliver the season he's just delivered, taking to it after a few rocky performances like a duck to water.
Does Josko Gvardiol's value correspond in some way to the arbitrary figure of €100 million? More? Less? I'll be honest — I don't actually have a fucking scooby.
That's why I have to leave it to the likes of Txixi, Pep. Good enough for them? Ok, good enough for me. Not good enough at a certain price? Ok. They haven't often got it wrong. They sometimes do.

Or being careful with their money. Even multibillionnaires are known to be frugal.
I know someone personally who does accounting for a forbes billionair’s wife . She has zero problem dropping 70-80 thousands on Armani clothings but alway ready to moan about price of a fucking organic avocado at whole foods .

I was looking for any reasons as to why were being so cautious over what seem like piddling amounts in the big scheme of things? It appears as if this deal is being delayed for the sake of £10m’ish. I can’t say I know, as I’m only going on media tripe. So, therefore equating that to the £35m we’d expect to get from the sale of ‘him’ (shan’t upset you further by mentioning names).
Gotcha...but if we're dependent on selling the lad (no names) then we'd have problems...IMO the Gvardiol saga is just City being City...

I’m sorry you feel that way my friend.
Tbh you and trueblu always have an ‘ignore’ button and it won’t bother me in the slightest’ if you use it- I’ve been used to that from the missus for x30yrs and it makes my life a lot less stressful!
I've never used the ignore button no matter what anyone says. For me that's a version of censorship, but I digress. I'd rather just read and reply or stay quiet, than ignore someone. No need for drastic measures...it's all good.

I know someone personally who does accounting for a forbes billionair’s wife . She has zero problem dropping 70-80 thousands on Armani clothings but alway ready to moan about price of a fucking organic avocado at whole foods .

It’s because of the perception of value, my wife is the same. She’s happy to pay shit loads for good quality or luxury, but gets pissed off if she feels someone is ripping us off charging for shoddy work or crap stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.